Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

X-lem

Permission denied: cannot create regular file

X-lem    262

I have a dedicated server set up on AWS. I use docker. A while ago for some reason docker stopped worked. Unable to solve the issues I created a new instance and copied over the DSTClusterConfig folder. I loaded up the instance, but I noticed that my mods were not working. I checked the two files and they were accurate. Looking at the logs during startup I am seeing.

dst_caves     | cp: cannot create regular file '/home/dst/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/DSTWhalesCluster/Master/modoverrides.lua': Permission denied
dst_caves     | cp: cannot create regular file '/home/dst/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/DSTWhalesCluster/Caves/modoverrides.lua': Permission denied

I believe the files have the necessary permissions (I've never changed them). Here is the permissions of my mod files.

5c6f6107ecf9f_ScreenShot2019-02-21at6_38_11PM.thumb.png.70f634ae207385cbf12a3c070a778b70.png

If there is any other info I should post let me know.

Lucidi0us    1

Owner Read Write
Group Read Only
Everyone Read Only

Is the service running the command being run under the owner user?  otherwise, maybe a 775 permission is needed and then add the user to the group that the file is assigned to.