Lush season is a little buggy... literally.

When the second lush season rolled around, I knew that time was short. The Fun™ was coming soon, and I needed to head into the gas jungle to head it off. Unfortunately, within the gas jungle I found bugs. Dozens of bugs and — while there were too many to count — I wouldn't be surprised if there were over a hundred of them.

iN3F7fW.jpg

While this is obviously a formidable challenge for me in terms of game difficulty, it was also a formidable challenge for my computer in terms of lag. While my computer is 2 years old, it was pretty beefy when it was new, and I almost never have any problems running even the new AAA games on it and have certainly never had any problems running Don't Starve before. However, when all these bugs came on screen, my frame rate slowed down to ~10 fps. It was bad, bordering on unplayable. 

While I was able to get away eventually (and recover my frame rate), I do question if it is wise to be allowing this many bugs to spawn on-screen at once. 

Archived