The Year of The Pig King is... lackluster, to say the least

Yup, I'm gonna say it: The Year of The Pig King is a disappointing event. Skin-wise it's ok. I really like the new skins, but it's extremely disappointing that only 3 of the characters got a new thing going on for them. I appreciate the fact that you introduced more item skins since I myself like to decorate my world with new-looking bits on bobs here and there, although I am disappointed that you didn't make any skins for the pig house and the piggyback, which are literally the only 2 craftable pig-related items in the game and would suit the Year of The Pig King theme very much. The new shrine items and the new way of getting lucky golden nuggets are straight up disappointing. Year of The Gobbler's lucky fan was, although not that useful after the first few springs, pretty cool nonetheless. Year of The Varg's hound whistle was great. You could easily deflect large hound waves on bosses like a Goose/Goose or a spider queen; or clear out a tallbird fortress with their help with no risk. Now, what did we get for The Year of The Pig King? An eternal fruitcake reskin, meatballs reskin, and a meat stew reskin. The lucky nugget minigame would be fun if it wasn't so ******* exploitable or so dull. You can just put all the nuggets you get in a backpack and drop it when a pig comes up to whack you. Or you can just use a pan flute to auto-beat the thing.

I'm not asking you to change the Pig King event midway, but I would really like you to consider all of its flaws and put more effort or just overall fun content in the next upcoming event.

Klei Usually doesn't put a lot of effort into making these new year events. So I wasn't keeping my expectations high. However, I'm disappointed in one thing about this event and that it's so game-changing. See last new year events weren't all that game-changing since most of the items on the shrine were mostly aesthetic only. But this event has the new food items that give a ridiculous amount of hunger. Now I would be fine with this if this gold currency(forgot its name) was hard to get. But it's not. You can use a pig-farm-like cage and then put a gold coin in it to lure the fighters into it and you could smack them forever and get lots of coins.

Now sure you can just tell me to not use it if I don't like it. But it isn't that easy. Sure I can just stop using it but literally everyone in pubs will base near Pig King and make use of this as a cheap, easy food source. Which will make pubs very easy and also very boring. And this event is gonna last like 2+ months and it's gonna be really annoying.

7 minutes ago, Bothead said:

But this event has the new food items that give a ridiculous amount of hunger. Now I would be fine with this if this gold currency(forgot its name) was hard to get. But it's not. You can use a pig-farm-like cage and then put a gold coin in it to lure the fighters into it and you could smack them forever and get lots of coins.

Oh damn, I honestly thought that the new items were just a meatballs and a meat stew reskins, but I honestly haven't thought that some people would actually exploit the **** out of that minigame use them as a permanent food source. 

Archived