A new breed of pigmen

So when I noticed the realy early version of don't starve on steam one thing really caught my attention. The pigmen. 

Because of them I gave the game a try and I quiet enjoyed it! Tho if I remember well it only had spiders and pigs then, nothing much else besides rabbits and the other smaller creatures like butterflies. So sience than klei blessed us with a ton of don't starve content and it is really nice to see how it all evolved to what it is now. Back than I was only dreaming about a multiplayer don't starve! 

So I already know we already got alot of pigmen and I love every single one of them. There are the regular pink pigmen, the brown tought pig guards, the feral looking wildbore and the bit more civilized half bat looking swamp pigs with their even more awsome looking elder pig. 

Something makes me really love these hunchback creatures and I was thinking about what kind of new pigmen could the future hold and created mine.

So there is a rare pig breed that is most popolous in hungary, it has some roman mediterrian origin but the point is that the pig looks like a cross between a pig and a sheep:

11025489_a67e76c45bb908c2245b1b1e9ecefbc

mangalicaroman768-20180111.jpg

I tought a wooly pig wouldn't be that big of an alien idea from klei cos they love to add new crazy things into the game and make creatures out of mixing animals from the real world.

Here is my attempt to draw the new pigmen:

5c4c70a172bad_thenewpigs.thumb.png.1da2dbc428900f0352eb2e0b58ac73d3.png

I know it might looks like a mess and a bit unprofessional but it wasn't supposed to be any more than an idea or a reference for klei if they like my idea.

Maybe in another dlc or expansion they could use similar fellows. I was imagining they would be a tiny bit more advanced than regular pigs but not as much as swamp pigs. These guys could have a low hellenistic vibe to them like the statues on the major's house in hamlet. Maybe you could even shave them when they are asleep just like beefalos and they would look funny without wool. Also their names could be a bit more greek themed.

I don't really got much else to say, but thanks for reading my stupid idea!

5c4ecdd4aea39_Fluffy_Pig_Eldersize_comparison2.thumb.png.a0695a0e4b58ea41091a2e4ae347723d.png

The generic pig with 3 of the elders that I made sience. No idea for the fourth one. 
You can read about them in a little bit more detail in the comments down below.

6 hours ago, Pine Fresh said:

A brilliant idea!  Have a whack at drawing the Sheep Pig King.

Thanks bruh! It would be cool if klei noticed this but its very unlikely I think. Still I felt like sharing my idea cos maybe u guys like it. Also their "pig king" could be also like an elder rather than king. But now that you asked me to do it I might give it a try. Also in game it could be like 4 sligthly different looking elders sitting in a circle to be different to the other already existing pigs and to represent greek democracy.

6 hours ago, Pine Fresh said:

A brilliant idea!  Have a whack at drawing the Sheep Pig King.

Elder_Hog.thumb.png.b099850391f9aea562990acc842bfd89.png

Here is one of the elder hogs. As u can see I used the swamp pig elder as a basis because i would be horrible to draw him in a fully new pose tho I still changed his posture a little. This guy holds a papyrus and a walking stick, but an other elder could be more scruffy looking with a helmet and a missing eye holding a spear in one of his hooves. One could be more jolly looking and he would eat a grape sometimes. There are plenty of great ideas.

Here is a size comparison between the two.
5c4d9fa6cdaf2_Fluffy_Pig_Eldersize_comparison.png.f4e40b89d624196f1263a5b1c0680f6d.png

As I said there could be more than one elder and they could make a council. Because I had alot of fun with this project I decided to create the second elder as well:

5c4e1eb92b8ea_warriorelderpig.thumb.png.d0f86e72e73ca3729b2ef56a1e39540f.png

Used the previous one as a basis for him to save time. Also I gave him the armor that I saw on the hamlet city hall's statues.

I was thinking if more elders function as one, maybe it would be possible to trade with each of the elders but each of them would give different things. 

For example this one could give you a random weapon for a specific item or a random armor or helmet. Maybe if you genocide too many pigs in the village or even if you just kill one he could raise his spear to the air and a storm would decend upon the village and lightning strikes would hit the ground as waves of pigsoldiers come marching in to kill you.

Last but maybe not least is my new favorite, the third elder. 

5c4ecc7ea898c_thirdelder.thumb.png.29b795b42102b79edece578529e9f138.png

Obviously Bacchus inspired with a big wine jug under his armpit holding grapes in one of his hooves.

As the previous guy would give you war gear this one could give you food, berries and other consumables, maybe even garlands. I like how different he looks compared to the other ones and how jolly he is. Currently there are no plans for the fourth elder because I got no ideas for him, but if any of you got an idea for him please share it here.

Archived