Detect if rocket is on the ground

Hello, I tried to semi-automate my rockets.

I already managed to check if everything is "go", open doors, remove gantry etc and then start.
I already managed to check on incoming rocket and prepare landing etc.

I need some sensor to detect if a rocket is on the ground.
Weight plates wont work on rockets.

Also the signal of the meteorit scanner detecting rockets is working for landing rockets in my setting and i wanted to use it with a memory toggle to detect if the rocket is on the ground but this thing is also triggering on take off.

Am I thinking to complicated? Does anyone has a solution for this? All the solutions for automating rockets i saw where super complex or looked like there will be hundreds of problems with it...

Does anyone has a solution to detect if a rocket is on the ground?

Also useful would be some sort of light sensor to see if the path is obstructed...

Is this for fueling, or for determining whether the detection is a takeoff or landing?

The rocket's automation output port becomes active when the checklist is green, so if you pass that signal through a buffer to keep it active a little bit after launch, you have the elements you need to determine 'is the rocket scanner firing because the rocket just left or is arriving'; add a memory toggle, send a signal to the set port on detected 'landing' (rocket scanner active but buffered green checklist signal not active) and it'll stay active while the rocket's on the ground, reset on detected 'launch' when the space scanner signal fires and the buffered checklist signal is active.

If it's for fueling, element sensors to determine whether the input port is accepting input would be much simpler.

5 hours ago, shanemadden said:

if you pass that signal through a buffer to keep it active a little bit after launch, you have the elements you need to determine 'is the rocket scanner firing because the rocket just left or is arriving'; add a memory toggle, send a signal to the set port on detected 'landing' (rocket scanner active but buffered green checklist signal not active) and it'll stay active while the rocket's on the ground, reset on detected 'launch' when the space scanner signal fires and the buffered checklist signal is active.

Thanks! This excatly the idea i needed! A buffer on the ready signal! I will try this!

4 hours ago, fishoutofwater said:

if it is for fueling, why do you think weight plates won't work on rockets?

I don't understand your question.
If I put a weight plate under the rocket to see if it is there it just dosn't trigger. That's what I meant.

6 hours ago, fjw said:

I don't understand your question.
If I put a weight plate under the rocket to see if it is there it just dosn't trigger. That's what I meant.

oh I see, I just want know why it won't work, not long ago I had an idea to put weight plates under rocket as a trigger signal to my dispenser for fueling, but because there are falling debris (regolith and iron) when bunker door open I never bothered to try the weight plates.

Archived