Geometric Placement on Consoles

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a Geometric Placement option to the settings on PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like this option on console If possible is long overdue. A Geometric Placement option would simply be a quality of life addition to us on console, being able to neatly place objects, crafting stations, build bases, and even create themed areas in a nicely compact way would allow us to be a lot more flexible and creative when picking areas to build in. The only reason I can think of as to why this has not yet been added could be because it could possibly be clunky with a joystick, but i'm sure Klei could figure out a way around this.

Geometric Placement Mod on the Steam Workshop

3 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

I've wanted this mod/ability from the first time i seen it, sadly i don't think consoles will ever get :(  

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. In my original post I stated how maybe the reason it hasn't yet been implemented was possibly due to the fact it could be clunky with a joystick. After giving it a bit of thought I figured if they do end up adding it at some point they could utilize the D-Pad on the controls to make the setting feel a lot better, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess if Klei ever decide to add this feature.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:14 PM, Dreamer760 said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a Geometric Placement option to the settings on PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like this option on console If possible is long overdue. A Geometric Placement option would simply be a quality of life addition to us on console, being able to neatly place objects, crafting stations, build bases, and even create themed areas in a nicely compact way would allow us to be a lot more flexible and creative when picking areas to build in. The only reason I can think of as to why this has not yet been added could be because it could possibly be clunky with a joystick, but i'm sure Klei could figure out a way around this.

Geometric Placement Mod on the Steam Workshop

I have come up with another idea as to how they could implement this. This idea is not as good as Geometric Placement, but it could be a nice alternative. My idea is they could add an Analog Deadzone Sensitivity setting. This is seen in other games as a way to measure how much pressure is needed to be applied to the Analogs for the game to actually register the movement (In this case our character). Simply adding this option onto Don't Starve Together on consoles would allow us to move our characters in small increments when placing items/building. This in turn would allow us to place items much more accurately to where we want them and in doing so allowing us to have a doable and adjustable alternative to Geometric Placement.

Archived