Reservoir sensor...

It is already possible to use liquid and gas sensors to determine if a tank is full. Similar things can be done to to determine if a reservoir is empty, depending on the conditions.

Granted these require addition components to build something that could be easily added to the reservoir.

I personally like building my own check systems, but I know this QoL feature has been requested a few times before.

7 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

It is already possible to use liquid and gas sensors to determine if a tank is full. Similar things can be done to to determine if a reservoir is empty, depending on the conditions.

Granted these require addition components to build something that could be easily added to the reservoir.

I personally like building my own check systems, but I know this QoL feature has been requested a few times before.

Technically, you can't tell whether a tank is full, just whether it's not possible to add something to it.  The difference being that an external sensor requires you to have more fluid to add (albeit a trivial amount, usually).  I would like 2, maybe 3 automation ports.

1. Output: Active if full, Inactive otherwise

2. Input: Enable output if Active, Disable if Inactive

3. Input: Enable input if Active, Disable if Inactive

I know that 2 and 3 could be implemented with Shutoff switches, but integrating into the reservoir would be more compact.  It's very annoying that shutoff switches take up a full 1x2 building, and if you want to do complex fluid routing, a lot of space is taken up by these.  I would even be ok with the reservoir requiring power and refined metal for these options.  A Smart Reservoir, maybe?

Archived