woohoo! Celebration thread

I've played DS and DST since each came out, but i never got into the DST bosses since they were extremely intimidating and I typically play DST alone.  Recently I decided to change that, and started following some youtube guides using walls and such to solo these bosses.  Its been a fun journey.  I started just doing boss rush where I would load in as Wes, give myself certain gears, teleport to the boss and fight it.  Dfly, Klaus, Bee Queen, then Ruins.

I just finished my first year in a persistent world since doing these practice runs and was able to take them all out.  Dfly in first autumn, Klaus in first winter, Bee Queen in first spring, and I cleared the ruins in the first summer.  I'm feeling mighty accomplished ! I did decide to play Willow instead of Wes, but its been a pretty legit experience.

Next up is to do the shadow clockworks, toad, and fuel weaver!  Wish me luck!  I've practiced the shadow clockworks, and honestly it seems like a pretty simple fight, but I haven't even practiced against toad or fuel weaver yet.

During the game I had a lot of ups and downs too.  In the first autumn I had a torrential downpour that stranded me in the Oasis for 3 days burning my pinecones, grass and twigs 1 at a time until I could lay down a fire pit and last through the storm.  I got a hound attack during the Dfly fight.  Fortunately I was able to clear the hounds while she was spawning larva so it didn't effect me too much, but hearing the barking while fighting her certainly made me anxious!  I couldn't find the no-eye-deer for a while and as soon as I finished Klaus I had Deerclopse spawn on me.  Then in Spring I got a torrential downpour right at the end of Bee Queen.  I chased her around with less than 400 health getting 1 hit on her at a time as my soaked dark sword kept slipping out of my hand haha.  Then in the ruins I had to retreat part way through to raid the blue mushroom forest for extra healing.  After summer ended I went top side and excitedly started the Dfly fight again, this time Bearger spawned on me mid fight.  I tanked a few hits, but got them to aggro each other.  Bearger died burning so I lost out on the thick fur, and then I died when Dfly came back at me enraged, but I was able to use a life giving amulet and fight her again for another clear...

Anyway I'm just excited that I was able to accomplish all this.  I love the youtube creators who put their guides online to help make these fights possible for a solo player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/squeeze95500

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_1W67AWPhTEF-3qGE4pslA

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoinseurTomahawk

/excitement

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... dead at day 160ish...  was taming a beefalo to move the marble pieces, went lured a hound wave through my (probably too small) tooth trap field (triggering them all) then ran off without resetting to do the set pieces fight.  After doing that I get another hound wave... right after my beef goes to sleep... and the traps aren't reset :\  Used 2 life giving amulets and a meat effigy, but couldn't regain control with the hounds in base.

But my team-mate who's joined me recently got me back in and we just finished a very productive start on a new world ^_^  Looking for fuel weaver and toad in this game 100%!!

You can rollback when smh like that happens, that s what i would do atleast, esp while taming beef unexpected things migth happen. xD I just managed to kill fweaver myself with a friend after failing a few times solo, feels good to finally get those badass items :D

Also regarding hound waves, you probably now this already but if it catches you unprepared or with your beef if u can find a cave and dive-in for a few minutes u can pass the wave

23 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

regarding hound waves, you probably now this already but if it catches you unprepared or with your beef if u can find a cave and dive-in for a few minutes u can pass the wave

That's why I have a sinkhole like -1 tile away from my base ( yes i have a sinkhole in my base and it's op

No sink holes in the oasis, but the new map does have one very close by.  I'll keep that in mind as Autumn hounds can be the most challenging since autumn is so peaceful except you have fire hounds... lol

I really try to avoid rollbacks - I used to do them a lot but it made me feel bad when someone was impressed with my day count when I just rollback my deaths <_<  I do practice games to get used to stuff, and in my real game I stick with it.  I would only roll back for something like a player d/c at a critical time (this happened during Bee Queen in the new world,) or a griefer burns my base or something.  Haven't had any problems with griefers in a long time though.

Archived