Biome movement and custom biomes

Has anyone thought about the relationship between biomes and immovable things in these biomes? I have been working on a mod in which I am adding a couple of custom biomes with their own content (I am currently working on the content for the biomes along with uses not world generation), but it got me thinking about how don't starve (together) in general handles its biomes. There are some biomes that you can move basically everything of necessity like the forest, and then there are biomes where things are simply stuck in place like deserts with their cacti, tumbleweed spawners, and dragonfly arena (along with non-renewable things like the wolf spawnwers and bones).

There are some mods that already exist to move things like cacti or whatever, this isn't my concern. Rather I was wondering if anyone would know if it would be (realistically) possible to make biomes turf-dependent.

So basically with this post I am trying to see if there is something like this that already exists, maybe if there is interest, and get general opinions on this.

Obviously in game this would be a large undertaking (moving an entire biome, removing one, etc) but overall I feel that it could be properly balanced by requiring large amounts of turf to be connected to be considered a biome.

Some potential challenges with this would be:

• Turf-dependent spawning of objects and plants (such as cacti dying in non-desert locations or tumbleweeds spawning on new desert turf).
  • The actual detecting of biomes and what sizes of land they should be (detecting size is not a problem, but rather at what point does it qualify as a biome).
  • Deserts in particular would be problematic because there are 2 different types with the same turf.
  • Many more that honestly I don't feel like typing out

So can anyone think of potential hazards with making this that I didn't mention or any suggestions, direction, or basically anything revolving around this idea?

Edited by Christo1