Learning to mod.

There's a lot to know about this :) It's not really your fault. The only thing you could do about it, is to throw a lot of time at it, like most things worth anything in this world. I started with the absolutely simplest mod I could. For my first difficult mod, I spent a month doing it in all of my spare time, trying to rationally fix any little problem I ran into, and investigating all the other mods, to see what I was doing wrong.

All the more reason to help you and your wife have a nice Cactus Armor filled time together.

Sometimes the problem is simple, but easy to overlook, like:
5c198b086cac3_2018-12-1901_02_55-E__Gamez_SteamLibrary_steamapps_common_DontStarveTogether_mods_workshop-15944.png.9a7a74eccd70c7ea9619105bd01bb952.png

Change the text in modmain.lua to be armor_cactus

And here is your new modinfo.lua. Remember to change the version number. And the author as well, if that's not your nickname.

modinfo.lua

NOTE! I edited my post, to say to change the text in modmain.lua instead of renaming the file. It seems you've used "armor_cactus" everywhere else, so you might as well be consistent, and just change the modmain.lua

Edited by Ultroman

Hmm, apparently the condition isn't there in DST. A lot of things are slightly different. 2 secs

modmain.lua

Accidentally named the tuning variables wrong.

It works now, but its name hasn't been put into the STRINGS collection, and there is apparently a problem with the inventory icon. There also seems to be a problem with the armor not showing when you have it equipped. It's only visible on the ground.

I don't really know how to fix these problems, since I have never actually made an item mod.

Add this to the modmain.lua just before the T.ARMOR_CACTUS lines

GLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.ARMOR_CACTUS = "Cactus Armor"

Also, your modinfo file needs to look like this. It's not a Don't Starve or RoG mod anymore. The api is different.

name = "Cactus Armor"
description = "Armor made of cactus."
author = "Legendarygrdn"
version = "1.1.2"

dst_compatible = true
all_clients_require_mod = true
client_only_mod = false

api_version = 10

icon_atlas = "modicon.xml"
icon = "modicon.tex"

Edited by Ultroman

Then you aren't using my mod files. My line 12 does not have T in it.

If you're pasting my files directly into your mod folder in the game's "mods" folder, then when you start the game, it'll overwrite my files with the version you have on the workshop. Unzip my files to another folder, and choose that folder when you upload the new mod version. Just remember to update the version number.

Edited by Ultroman