Cream The Rabbit Add-on Cheese/Chao crash error

I've had this add-on for a while now and have left a message to the author/creator of this add-on. ever since the first day i got it the chao fails to generate and i get an error, which crashes my game. I like the idea of this mod and have wanted to play it to it's full potential but the hatch option for the chao/cheese egg just crashes me...I'd like someone to fix it or if not, maybe give me a tutorial or walk me through on fixing it myself, i honestly just wanna enjoy the add-on as intended.

y6yo3ts.jpg

This is what i get each time i attempt to "hatch" the chao egg.

*facepalms* i just disabled all mods but cream *i wanted to see if thie error occurs by itself* and cheese generated. so i got a mod conflict somewhere.

Edited by wicloud

I think you might simply have two mods which add a prefab called "cheese". Try using e.g. Notepad++ to search through all the files in your game's mods-folder for the text "cheese" WITH quotation marks. You should find a few files in \mods\workshop-776885064\
Any findings not from this folder, are potentially incompatible mods.

While you're at it, you can do a search for "cream" as well, since that's the other prefab used by your mod.

Disabling the other mods having a prefab named this, will most likely solve your problem.

IF THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM, but you'd rather not disable the other mod, you can try and fix it yourself. IF IT DOES NOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, then the following won't work. If you're playing alone, you can "easily" fix it yourself, without having to re-upload it. The second you play with someone else, your mods need to be in sync, so you have to make the other person have the same files as you do, and I'm not even sure if that works, since the game will try to synchronize your mods, but since it does it on the version number, maybe you can trick it.

Anyway, if you want to fix it yourself, we need to replace "cheese" with "cheeseunique" or some other name that should be unique among all mods. Perhaps put your name in there. There are only a few places this should be necessary:

In chaoegg.lua:

local function hatch(inst)
    local owner = inst.components.inventoryitem.owner
    if canHatch(owner) then
        local puppet = SpawnPrefab("cheese") <=== change this one
        if puppet then
        	puppet.components.follower:SetLeader(owner)
            owner.components.health:DoDelta(-50)
            --owner.components.sanity:DoDelta(-1)
            owner.puppets[puppet] = puppet
            puppet.owner = owner
            puppet.Transform:SetPosition(owner:GetPosition():Get())
        end
    end
end

In modmain.lua:

PrefabFiles = {
	"cream",
	"cream_none",
	"cheese", <== change this one
	"chaoegg",
}

In cheese.lua:

return Prefab("cheese", fn, assets) <=== change this one

This SHOULD work, but it also might result in Cheese running around looking like an actual cheese, from the other mod, or it may more likely crash because of something with animations. In that case, we'll have to change the name of the animation files and the bank that the prefab uses.

Edited by Ultroman