I need help I'm going to 20 fps

My computer has the minimum requirements, I know but I want to know how to increase the fps because I in other games is done, such as disable the VyoSinc or something like that from the game folder or things like that so I want to know how! Thank you

Currently the only thing you can do to improve the performance in game is to lower the resolution and make sure you're not running things in the background.
If you're just meeting the bare minimum requirements you can't expect too much since they are only the requirements for the game to actually run, if you want it to run smoothly you need to meet the recommended specs.

What's your current cycle? how large is your colony? (for example 1 biome, 2 biomes, etc)

how many dupes are in your colony?

are you experiencing low fps from the start or after 100-200 cycles?

8 hours ago, holaskis said:

disable the VyoSinc or something like that

Unlike other game where they usually depends a lot on GPU performance, ONI is a simulator game that depends more on CPU performance rather than your Graphic Card.

So disabling vsync or lowering graphic setting (such as resolution, lightning effect, etc) might help or might not help, because most likely what causing your low fps is your CPU not GPU. or perhaps RAM.

On a side note, this game also aren't being optimize yet. So performance issue is quite common.

Hi all,

My guess for slowdowns is RAM, system ram. ONI is a hungry beast, being 64 bit is a major plus, IF you have a 64 bit OS and LOTS of ram. I can only run the game for about 3-4 hour stretches, or when ever the RAM goes over 10 GB for just ONI ( I have 16GB). I can watch the usage on my keyboard's display (G-15), slowly climb to 14 GB in use, and i know its time to save and close out.

This build is much much better at RAM stuff. In the previous update (thermal upgrade) it was way worse, the system RAM would max out and close the program. I could do it in 7 loads of a save from the menu, never un-pausing the game or about 2 hours of game play, if you load a save without closing out completely.

Highest i have seen was 15.8 GB used (whole system) and after closing ONI i was sitting at my Normal usage of 4 GB used. 

I took screen shots too.

Archived