Upgrades and Improvements on existing objects!

So far I am love with this game and it's complex gas and liquid system that makes things even more complex, it almost feel like every time I make something, there bound to be something in the way that will screw it all up, rather it's my electric cable management and gas system, or forgot to make the food and starve people to death... so many things you have to keep on eye out, it feels like driving in Russia and trying not to get in a fist fight or driveby, it's amazing.

There should be some things in this game that could make things a bit easier on the systems and this is why I want to talk about upgrades and improvements on existing machines and other mechanical works. for example, maybe I could develop an improvement onto my big batteries to take up another knots of power, or I could increase the amount that the power transformer to hold 2000 more watts. All i have to do is research the ways to upgrade existing mechanics, and put my highest tinkerer in the colony to work on adding upgrading to anything that exist. Maybe one day, I will be able to put those heavy watt power cables underneath the tiles when i research that expansive upgrade, maybe the manual generators could actually still run for 10 seconds after the person got off?

Further upgrades would be nice for decor items, but variety would be better - having a choice between different styles of doors, tables, sculptures, etc. using the material system. (example; Obsidian sculptures vs. white Granite ones)

As far as industry goes, I like upgrades that have more interest to them than simply "+1 Thing". For example, Hydroponic Farms - it's great because you go from fire-and-forget planters to fertilized fields to water-system irrigation (Though it's odd to have those last two in the same tier...)

I'd love to see an upgraded Algae Farm that uses piped water (50% less running to reload!) or a Pneumatic Microbe Musher that uses piped air.

Archived