Large ornate chest drops

Currently it provides Guardian killers with either thulecite club or orange staff or star callers staff. I think thulecite club can be removed from this list since its much worse then the other two items. Speaking of the other two - both are kinda good, but in terms of boss rush I always wanna find orange staff here :> Also, if the legend we are currently being told actually has the element of darkness being scared by any source of light - finding star callers stave here doesnt make much sense. One can surely theorize some cool stories about it, but yeaaahh... I also am asking to make it drop officially the purple amulet with a 100% chance. Newbies will have a little use of it. Plenty of newbies - nothing game changing as well. Though two good players can have a far better use of it rather then a single one in terms of "use it to rush the stalker_atrium", but w/e.

Basically I found out an obvious thing - on very high sanity player can be careless about the nightmare creatures that chase him(worst case scenario - they do 1 attack and disappear), while on sanity beyond insanity threshhold they can still be annoying. In other words - during testing I have managed to put stalker_atrium down to 1.5k health, wasting 40 cactus fleshes with the use of ham bat, orange stave, thulecite armor(on high sanity it can be replaced with anything really) and 50% of purple amulet. And of course, powers of Mighty Wolfgang. Surely 40 cactus fleshes is something impossible in terms of boss rush, but on default settings its totally possible to get enough of blue/green mushrooms with the help of good old fellas called shovel, as well as enough carrots from bunnies to solve the food issues. Such 1v1 fight is kind-of hard and not very reliable, but making such change would at least reduce the odds of reseting before reaching the boss, since odds of getting orange stave are 1to3, and odds of getting purple amulet from destroying the ancient stations are like impossible%. Having at least thulecite club and star callers staff being removed would be a great thing already. IMHO.

Personally, I love every item you get from using yellow gems. Similarly to green ones. Just a personal preference. That said, the orange staff is truly less useful than a purple amulet. Then again, you can craft the latter just from killing two bishops (plus six gold, four nightmare fuel and all you need for a shadow manipulator). The club could use a buff, at least I never really find myself using it (morgensterns are the hype right now), so apart from "all this remains of the Ancients", the chest loot is a bit underwhelming.

I love thulecite armour if we are at it. Even for the sanity aura. It makes you look like WX.

6 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

That said, the orange staff is truly less useful than a purple amulet.

Uh oh... I think I was misunderstood there. I would like purple amulet to be a 100% drop from this chest, but if it wont - then so be it(yeaaahh, it takes time to craft it, but I want to do that only if its the only way of getting it), while I want really hard to either have 100% orange staff drop or at least to not have it in a drop table of chest at all. Orange staff is somewhat essential for Fuel Weaver kill. It is possible to not use it at all, but hey, one can by 10 winning lottery tickets in a row too. What are the odds though? Currently difference in time between getting mentioned items by luck(chest drop for orange staff, ancient pseudoscience station destruction for purple amulet with a very little chance) and crafting them IS JUST SO HUGE that I am calling it unfair. This luck factor means nothing for players normally progressing through the game, while for "kill all bosses ASAP" terms this luck is too essential.

I kinda forgot that orange stave can drop from the destruction of ancient pseudostation too, but lets be honest, what are the odds again?

And, speaking of quoted moment once again - during boss rush orange staff is probably more usefull than the amulet since you can't get it during any season but winter(unless you get lucky with pseudostations).

Archived