Oxygen Is Included

When I first started the game oxygen was included... Anyways to the point of this... It's a really good game so far not to mention it could be even better.

I've seen videos of it even before I bought the game so thanks to youtube for I might have never been here or heard of the game.

My first colony hasn't gone very well since almost half of what I had died of starvation and lots of floods happened.

Suggestions:

Rocket ships or spaceships to escape the asteroid one day.  Oil, Oil drills, refinery, and combustion engine.  Launch pad to research more rocket parts.

All of the above need energy except the oil and rockets/spaceships which need fuel to launch.

Also maybe they should land on a different planet or moon...from there they just research the final tier rocket/spaceship and escape back to earth which could be a nuclear wasteland making the game even longer.

Questions:

Is the asteroid infinite or is there a top and if you go around long enough you'll be where you start?

That's basically it.. Please reply in comments... Very good game:D

I had a similar idea. 

Tier 4 science project that lets you create an SOS beacon. 

You build it and survive for X days after construction and your dupes get rescued from the asteroid. 

But if the game isn't meant to be sustainable, then I think some form of win condition should be introduced. 

Edit: And there's a material that's un-diggable that lines the map. I've reached it a number of times. I haven't reached it in all directions, but I'm pretty confident it encloses the entire map. 

Another idea could be something like the things in don't starve (box thing, ring thing, metal potato thing, and crank things). This would mean that you would have to explore the asteroid to actually escape. Which would encourage the player to find and deal with new biomes and other stuff.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:55 AM, bfhbuddy said:

Another idea could be something like the things in don't starve (box thing, ring thing, metal potato thing, and crank things). This would mean that you would have to explore the asteroid to actually escape. Which would encourage the player to find and deal with new biomes and other stuff.

This, too. 

In the same way that you needed rare materials, maybe make a coating on the edges of the map of a special material needed for the transmitter to guarantee you've explored the extent of the map.

On 25/03/2017 at 2:21 AM, Musicbro said:

I've seen videos of it even before I bought the game so thanks to youtube

Me too; shout out to Biffa and Draegast for putting me onto this game.

On 29/03/2017 at 3:55 AM, bfhbuddy said:

encourage the player to find and deal with new biomes and other stuff

Yes, most people's game play style at the moment is to set up a base and camp there until resources run out. encouraging exploration is a good thing.

Archived