Question about clicking and dragging

Due to a disability I am not able to click and drag a mouse, so I was wondering if in this game you had to click and drag to construct/do certain things. A lot of games have an option where it's more of a click and drop action where you only have to click once, highlight an area, and then click again. If this isn't already an option, I would love to speak to the developers and help them out in any way.

7 minutes ago, darklight549 said:

Due to a disability I am not able to click and drag a mouse, so I was wondering if in this game you had to click and drag to construct/do certain things. A lot of games have an option where it's more of a click and drop action where you only have to click once, highlight an area, and then click again. If this isn't already an option, I would love to speak to the developers and help them out in any way.

Hi,

In the game you do indeed have to click and drag to select multiple things to do multiple actions, or would have to individually click each tile which wouldn't be entertaining. I think it would be a great idea to get this across to the developers, especially since different people have different play-styles.

13 minutes ago, MusicMayhem said:

Hi,

In the game you do indeed have to click and drag to select multiple things to do multiple actions, or would have to individually click each tile which wouldn't be entertaining. I think it would be a great idea to get this across to the developers, especially since different people have different play-styles.

So, for example, if I wanted to mine a section of rock I would have to either click and drag or click each block individually?

Just now, darklight549 said:

So, for example, if I wanted to mine a section of rock I would have to either click and drag or click each block individually?

I am pretty certain yes, but if I am wrong I'm sure someone will post against my point.

I have an idea on how to give you click and drag functionality for anything. Since I do not know the specifics and will not ask if you are not willing to share I will assume you at least have a way of moving the cursor and a way of clicking at least one button at a time but maybe not do both at the same time.

There could be a (physical or on screen) button that triggers a left click down event and doesn't trigger a left click up event until that button is pressed again. This could be done with certain keyboards (maybe)/mouses with macro support. If you are not able to use normal interfaces and are relying on custom made hardware to communicate with the computer there still might be a way of implementing it if you talk to the manufacturer. 

Since I do not have much to go on I hope this is not too far away from your situation and I apologize if it is. I hope this helps somehow.

12 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

I have an idea on how to give you click and drag functionality for anything. Since I do not know the specifics and will not ask if you are not willing to share I will assume you at least have a way of moving the cursor and a way of clicking at least one button at a time but maybe not do both at the same time.

There could be a (physical or on screen) button that triggers a left click down event and doesn't trigger a left click up event until that button is pressed again. This could be done with certain keyboards (maybe)/mouses with macro support. If you are not able to use normal interfaces and are relying on custom made hardware to communicate with the computer there still might be a way of implementing it if you talk to the manufacturer. 

Since I do not have much to go on I hope this is not too far away from your situation and I apologize if it is. I hope this helps somehow.

I can left and right click, just can't hold it down. I do have a piece of software that does what you mentioned, but it can be a bit clunky and I'm not sure if it will work with the game. I might just end up buying the game and trying it. Thanks for your input :)

1 minute ago, darklight549 said:

I can left and right click, just can't hold it down. I do have a piece of software that does what you mentioned, but it can be a bit clunky and I'm not sure if it will work with the game. I might just end up buying the game and trying it. Thanks for your input :)

I have a steelseries mouse and their software is pretty good and should work with many games unless they use some form of anticheat and block macros. It even have a toggle hold feature that you need. But its kinda pricey if you're coming from a normal mouse.Untitled.png

1 minute ago, AlexRou said:

I have a steelseries mouse and their software is pretty good and should work with many games unless they use some form of anticheat and block macros. It even have a toggle hold feature that you need. But its kinda pricey if you're coming from a normal mouse.Untitled.png

Actually, the only way I can use a mouse is to use a wireless mouse app via my iPhone. I pretty much hold my phone and swipe on the screen to move the mouse and there are buttons on the bottom for left and right click. I can't use a traditional mouse. That is pretty awesome though :)

Just now, darklight549 said:

Actually, the only way I can use a mouse is to use a wireless mouse app via my iPhone. I pretty much hold my phone and swipe on the screen to move the mouse and there are buttons on the bottom for left and right click. I can't use a traditional mouse. That is pretty awesome though :)

Ahh so that app handles the dragging?

Archived