Ideas for more stress responses

On 3/13/2017 at 10:01 AM, ShamPeiN said:

yeah alcohols, dessert for stress reduction. heat/clothes based metabolism. fat/skinny dupes and speed modifier. train strenght, lose weight, gain muscle. arena/cage fight based combat. breaking stuff like new decor types or drawing mustache on dupa lisa pictures

I like the idea of having different "sized" dupes, whether it be from exposure to over-eating (too much food in the fridge) or malnourished dupes (the opposite), there is a lot you could play on with different attributes and traits.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:16 AM, Jonathan Hoffman said:

Geez - how much I want to kill my stress vomiters. 

I see you haven't discovered the glory that is mesh tiles yet when dealing with vomiters. There are people who have set it up where they use stress vomit as a water source. For a less gamy approach, you can assign specific dupes to the mop job now. Just have no1 assigned to it and make the vomiter clean up their own mess by making them the only one who can mop.

As for my suggestion that hasn't been said yet.

Panic Attack - Sends false alert messages such as suffocating, starving, made a mess, and will not work for the duration of the attack. Physical responses can vary from curling up into a ball to running around arms flailing and potentially running into areas you don't want them like a locked door's room.

For additional stress game play, it could be that continued exposure to high stress % would cause sickness like the spores except it would be stat decreases across the board that get worse the longer they stay stressed or even a secondary stress response. It would slowly fix itself when their stress goes below a certain threshold or cured faster through a therapy session at therapy station that would need to be added. Basic station would require a doctor on hand and the speed would be dependent on the medical skill and advanced station would have a robot that "looks" like a dupe that gives the "therapy". Could even throw in some ink blot speech bubbles!

Not a stress response, but more of a characteristic affected by a stress response.

Weak Stomach - The opposite of iron gut, these guys will vomit at the drop of a hat regardless of stress. Dead body rotting? Vomit. Someone else vomits nearby? Vomit. Rotten food? Vomit. Sudden falling like the drop of a roller coaster? Vomit. Farter nearby? Vomit.

These guys would definitely be exploitable. Throw a dead body in a room with two or three of these guys and a water purifier and you basically have a human geyser. I'd want dupes named Ralph and Hurley with this trait.

I would suggest also for stress responses

-Forget me now : Can't stand to be with others. Will refuse to work or the be where some others are. Will idle somewhere alone for a time.

-Sleepwalker : When under high stress, the ''dupli'' will woke up during its sleep and will annoy the other ''duplis'' sleeping around.

-Dark cloud : Will demoralize ''duplis'' around him. Reduce the deco value around him.

-Heller : If two ''duplis'' with the heller stress response meet, they will fight and hurt themselves, other ''duplis'' and things who around the place where they fight

-Loafer : Will find a place a place and will loaf there, blocking the way of the order ''duplis'' or the acces of things around him

On 3/14/2017 at 5:34 AM, Cyberboy2000 said:

I looked through some of the source code and found this:

public class ANXIOUS
            {
                public static LocString NAME = "Anxious";
                public static LocString DESC = "This Duplicant collapses when put under too much pressure";
            }

Just wondering how is everyone getting access to the source code for the game, I figured the devs would have compiled the code to binary or obfuscated the code to prevent hacking?

More a comment than an idea, but the stress striker would love the panic button option on my new surgeon tech. In this case, I'm thinking a high learning value doctor would approach, show the usual situation bubble, and actually make it flashing red - which means it definitely needs action NOW.

Some ideas for stress responses:

1. Vandal - puts mustaches on paintings, chops heads off statues, sprays graffiti on machines and tiles thus reducing decoration and having someone clean it up.

2. Stress sleeper - the Duplicant believes it's best to sleep the stress off - wherever, whenever.

3. Loud mouth - starts cussing, cursing and swearing whenever he's stressed disturbing other duplicants.

4. Hyperventilating - Duplicant consumes a lot more oxygen when stressed.

5. Stone eater - Eats dirt, granite, slime, or whatever is nearby when stressed thus making the duplicant sick if they eat the wrong thing.

6. Stress sickness - duplicant falls ill when stressed - if not cared for, the duplicant would eventually die.

I also liked the idea about Duplicants going on strike.

Archived