We really need smart gas pumps

We all know the regular gas pump suck CO2 out of your base by connecting a vent from the pump to the outside of your base, I'm thinking more along the lines of a gas pump that allows you to pick and choose what you want it to suck out, it would bring up a tab and you can say oxygen in the tick box, then you can place vents in each closed compressed room to allow the flow of oxygen for each room. Of course you woul have to have a Oxygen maker in the room with the pump and if your using the electrolizer, you can have a pump to suck out the hydrogen out of your base. Think of it as your air condition unit putting air condition through out your house

I want a pump that doesn't require the pump to be in the location pumping the air.  Just a way to have a vent + pipes for say areas that already have a lot of stuff built and it's hard to just plop a pump in there.  Basically a reverse pump is what I'd like. Be able to suck the gas to the pump's location.

I like the idea of being able to pick and choose what you want to pump out, but you have to realize gases in small areas do mix. I feel like Klei wanted us to build our bases on the idea of taking gas density into account (that's why the gas vent tiles are available so early, since it isn't a problem until mid game).

CO2>O2>H2

I've been preemptively trying out a build where i get gas tiles early and build wide where i focus on oxygen in the middle, mostly gas tile floors and focus on making sure CO2 has a place to go. That requires moving water to the middle if water is beneath where you're originally planning/spawning and making room for co2 to travel south while maintaining mid level gas. At least that's my theory that I'm experimenting with. Hopefully we get some "planning" tools so we can make layouts soon as well.

I also th

24 minutes ago, G4MR said:

I want a pump that doesn't require the pump to be in the location pumping the air.  Just a way to have a vent + pipes for say areas that already have a lot of stuff built and it's hard to just plop a pump in there.  Basically a reverse pump is what I'd like. Be able to suck the gas to the pump's location.

I like the idea of being able to pick and choose what you want to pump out, but you have to realize gases in small areas do mix. I feel like Klei wanted us to build our bases on the idea of taking gas density into account (that's why the gas vent tiles are available so early, since it isn't a problem until mid game).

CO2>O2>H2

I've been preemptively trying out a build where i get gas tiles early and build wide where i focus on oxygen in the middle, mostly gas tile floors and focus on making sure CO2 has a place to go. That requires moving water to the middle if water is beneath where you're originally planning/spawning and making room for co2 to travel south while maintaining mid level gas. At least that's my theory that I'm experimenting with. Hopefully we get some "planning" tools so we can make layouts soon as well.

I Also think this is good idea. Building single air pump instead of punting it at every corner is a right solution.

Archived