Alright. It is winter at my place currently. There was plenty of snow. And I have built a really damn fancy snowman.

Why am I telling this to you?

Because every time I look outside the window and I see that he is still going strong out there, my creation, it makes me really proud and makes me feel really good and really happy and really the opposite of lonely. And I think everyone feels this way when they build a snowman. And because this is the kind of game where loneliness and sanity restoration are kind of a big thing, I think this game needs buildable snowmen.

And this is how I envision it.

Snowmen crafting begins with a snow showel. It would be a tool that would work very much like the pitchfork but it would only work on snowed areas and instead of digging up a turf it would simply remove the snow from said area so you can pick it up. It would also double as a tool you can use to clean up those roads that are so hard to see during the snow!

Then obviously you need to craft the three snowballs. It could be done either through the normal way crafting works with now or since there is a mechanic where you can pick stuff up and carry it around, why not a mechanic where you can click on a snow ball and roll it around in snow to make it bigger? This would make the shovel kind of obsolete but I still think the shovel is a rad idea so consider it.

After you would have your 3 balls on top of each other, just right click the nerd with a carrot and some charcoals and some sticks and bam, you got yourself a snowman. Or just do the same in a crafting grid. I don't really care much for that.

Then of course you can decorate the snowman with a hat of your choice. (Protip: You can use and fuel the Icecube to make your snowman last all throughout the year)

What does the snowman do? Well, he kind of just stays there and looks nice. I think it could restore sanity when you stand next to it as a bonus but that is about it. And well you could challenge yourself to keep it alive during the whole year. And maybe if you do it can come alive and do more stuff. Or just follow you around.

Archived