High CPU usage after a few days on Debian server

Hi,

I run a Dedicated server on a Debian 8 VM on Microsoft Azure. The server has 2GB mem and one core CPU.

At first it worked fine even if 4 or 5 players are online at the same time. However, after 153 days in the game, it became hard to play even when two players are online together, then I checked the sever performance, about 1.4GB mem and 96% CPU was used.

I also downloaded cluster data from the server, and restored it to my Macbook Pro with 8GB mem and 2.5GHz i5 CPU. I find it freezes on my local machine, too.

Is the cluster data too big to the game? But it's just something like 27MB. Maybe there are some trash need to be clean? Or is the map too big to my machine? But it's fine at the beginning.

The cluster data is attached, and I hope it can help to track the issue.

Thanks,

Zhe

dst-data.zip

As the DST server stands right now it doesn't have multi-threading nor balances the CPU usage in any way. It will use one of the cores for Master (above) and one for the Caves and with just 2GB of RAM and one core CPU that was bound to be expected honestly.

What you could try is to remove all the stuff left on the ground, don't have too many beefalos, and so on and see if that helps.

Archived