help with a character with perks

unknown.png

Ok so me and a friend have been working with a friend on this little character of mine, I am loving how he is coming out, but I have no idea how to add perks since he is my first character we have made, so we are kinda newbies at this and I couldn't find a guide on it. If anyone doesn't mind giving me a hand, I would appreciate it

Spectre the Quilava desired perks

-Fire Resistant (Obviously immune to fire damage)

-Gains sanity around fire

-raw Berries restore health instead of hunger, Cooked Berries restore more health and a some hunger 

-Burns random things when Sanity is low

I kinda wish he could ignite other things on fire from a distance, but idk how I'd be able to do that, so lets keep it simple. If you can help me at all, it would be greatly appeciated :3

Most of the perks can just be plain copied from data/scripts/components/willow.lua

The following is not exactly what you need to do the berry perk, but you can change "inst.components.edible.foodtype" to "inst.prefab" and "VEGGIE" to "berries" and it should work fine.

@Spectrepaw

Awesome thank you so much

Hey I have another question I thought of a last night, there a way to script in either

1. Changing forms at night and giving that form the ability to glow at night

2. acting as a heating source or fire on toggle, but drains his hungry and makes it so he is much slower?

or maybe combine both ideas where he can transform on toggle and act as a heat source while in his transformation

inst:ListenForEvent("nighttime",function(world,data)
  --enable light and change anim build here
end, GetWorld())

inst:ListenForEvent("daytime",function(world,data)
  --revert changes here
end, GetWorld())

For the hotkey, you will probably have to look into how other character mods do it.

Archived