Cant Start Dont Starve Together (Crashes)

Spektremx
  • Pending

The problem is that everytime that i want to start the game it crashes!, i dont know why. one day i can play it but the next day i cant i dont know what happened. 31aa9b0019f71cdc3f60c4dfb49ff969.pngb871a03158a31f50ed01d99dd2fedc0a.png3bda17f42f89300be0012496314f6e58.png

Steps to Reproduce
i was playing the last day, then the next day i cant play. I am not really sure of what happen

User Feedback

To be more specific on your system specs, on your DXDiag Screen, please click on "Save All Information" to save the contents in a .txt file format. Can we get you to upload that for us please? 

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, JanH said:

To be more specific on your system specs, on your DXDiag Screen, please click on "Save All Information" to save the contents in a .txt file format. Can we get you to upload that for us please? 

There u go

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Spektremx

Share this comment

Thanks for that - checking your log and specs, it looks like your graphics card (AMD Radeon X1200) is at the borderline of meeting the game's system requirements and is causing the game to crash.

Also, we noticed that your card's drivers have not been updated since 2009. Please download the latest updates for your graphics card via the AMD Radeon Drivers page to see if that helps.

Share this comment

48 minutes ago, JanH said:

Thanks for that - checking your log and specs, it looks like your graphics card (AMD Radeon X1200) is at the borderline of meeting the game's system requirements and is causing the game to crash.

Also, we noticed that your card's drivers have not been updated since 2009. Please download the latest updates for your graphics card via the AMD Radeon Drivers page to see if that helps.

Is this because an Update? cause before i could play DST now i cant

Share this comment

Because the game requires a graphics card with at least 256 MB of dedicated memory, your computer may have trouble running the game on higher resolutions/graphics settings – especially if you are hosting a caves server. That being said, you may be able to play the game by setting by doing the following steps:

1) Go to your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

2) Open the “client” file using a text editor program (like wordpad, notepad, etc.)

3) In [MISC] change “netbook_mode = false” to “netbook_mode = true”

4) In [GRAPHICS] change “use_small_textures = false” to “use_small_textures = true”

5) Save the document > close it to make sure that the change has been saved.

From there try launching Don’t Starve Together and that should allow you to play the game.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JanH said:

Because the game requires a graphics card with at least 256 MB of dedicated memory, your computer may have trouble running the game on higher resolutions/graphics settings – especially if you are hosting a caves server. That being said, you may be able to play the game by setting by doing the following steps:

1) Go to your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

2) Open the “client” file using a text editor program (like wordpad, notepad, etc.)

3) In [MISC] change “netbook_mode = false” to “netbook_mode = true”

4) In [GRAPHICS] change “use_small_textures = false” to “use_small_textures = true”

5) Save the document > close it to make sure that the change has been saved.

From there try launching Don’t Starve Together and that should allow you to play the game.

Thats my problem when i said my files were wrong!d7d6fbcd68308869350ce187b4203152.pnge26e958af574727ae08209d979f18c4c.png

Share this comment

That is odd that you do not have a client.ini file in your game folders. Please ensure that you have the proper administrative permissions in Windows to save and access files. What I have done is created a client.ini file for you with Small Textures and Netbook mode enabled. Please copy the attached file into your  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder and that will allow you to launch the game. 

client.ini

Share this comment