• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Minimap Icon Sample 1.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a simple sample mod for adding your custom minimap icons. Nothing fancy, but the more samples the better.. I guess.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's really useful,if I'll make my own mod,that's sure to use this sample. You should be to do remakes of sample mods & tutorials ,because those are old and uncompatible with the lastest DS version.

Anyways,the music/sound tutorial don't work for me anymore (Maxwell)

Thanks

It's really useful,if I'll make my own mod,that's sure to use this sample. You should be to do remakes of sample mods & tutorials ,because those are old and uncompatible with the lastest DS version. Anyways,the music/sound tutorial don't work for me anymore (Maxwell) Thanks

None of the tutorials Cheerio linked in his thread should be incompatible ith the current version. Also not the sample mods, I use them myself so I'm qiute sure they are fine.

But if you have a problem with a tutorial the best idea is to post on the respective thread anyways.

Exactly the same way, just get into the prefab and change the proper line. It should already be there and reference some other minimap icon so it's easy to find.

hi malcath i like your waverly mod but i also would love to make my onw mods but i dont know where to start do you have any tips on where to like begin?

hi malcath i like your waverly mod but i also would love to make my onw mods but i dont know where to start do you have any tips on where to like begin?

I wanted to write you a PM, but you can't receive them apparently.

Anyway, to answer your question about modding:

First off the Waverly Mod is not done by me, there were a lot of people involved. We had three artists, one coder, one tester, one writer and people on the forums giving us ideas. So if you do a mod yourself you should expect it to take more effort and time than what we did.

Secondly I would suggest you of course to start with something small, and for that there are a lot of tutorials out there. If I'm not mistaken there is a sticky that compiles them in the Mod Section of the forums. Start by doing a small item for example or a new character (the classic "first mod")

Thirdly I had already experience with programming, if you don't have that then you should maybe start simple, code a "hello world" program, write a small calculator and such and such. For the language of your choice there are a lot of tutorials to find when googling. Of course, if you wanna mod DS then searching for some Lua tutorials is gonna be the best choice.

Lastly when you feel that you know some basics about Lua/programming in general, you can start looking at the games code. This is what I did before there were any tutorials for modding the game. It will involve a lot of logic thinking and trial and error to understand what is going on. Regularly doing your maths homework will help in making that easier  ;P

So that's that. It all depends on where you start from. Consider if the effort will be woth it for you and start with what's new for you.

If you have any specific questions you should write me a msg here, I get those directed to my mail so I notice.

Good luck with it!

And don't let yourself get discouraged!