Air Pressuried door & decontamination chamber

(Air Pressurised door): A door that open using compressed air, when the open is requested the door unlocks itself like for an isolated door with a little delay and when the mechanism is done (door about to open) the air pressure from the middle (coming on top and below the door) allow the door to open by itself, the air released will prevent any gas (including air) from traveling and as soon as the pressure gets lower the door will shut down and be on cooldown for X amount of seconds, allowing pressure to be maximised for the next use but also forcing Duplicants to travel at the same time, any latecomer may be blocked depending of how many doors are alimented by the same Gas Pump (for example, compression may be extremely slow to obtain again if 5 Air Pressurized door are used constantly).

What should it need to function? Two air entry, one above and one bellow.

Compared to the airlock door, this door should have the same mechanics as a Manual Airlock (slowly opening) so this kind of door should be used for specific arena including exploration into a dangerous biome such as the slime or to exploit a specific gas without risking any loose (of gas)

I think this kind of door should exist, for my experience so far it as been extremely painful to use any gas related generator without a Geiser and using those pockets of gas as always been a stupid thing, even traveling them is just bad for the long term as gas alway get mess up in the tunnels, I think by allowing that kind of door to exist, making farm with specific plants (requiring gas), using pockets of gas and managing mining tunnels could be much easier and enjoyable. Also since the composition should be with light metal so air pressure can actually open it, this should be way more affected by thermals change than basic doors (or not, I don"t know, but air is a pretty cool thermal isolant but this would make it a good door for base too, and I don"t want this idea to be to op)

I also understand that you can create airlock with water, allowing Duplicants to travel without losing gas but I don"t like to use glitches like that, abusing these features to survive just don"t fit my game style. And don"t tell me airlock are supposed to accomplish this if you put two of them, because they don"t and they cost a lot of energy, for now, airlock is cool late-game doors for your base but they are definitely not good for air management, especially gas farming (aka using pockets of gas for farm or generators)

And a little suggestion too, if the red alert is on, the door will be open regardless of the pressure, failing in its duty to separate gas but allowing duplicants to pass. (aka not watching him die as the air pressure slowly get stable)

If this suggestion get accepted and see the daylight I will surely use these doors for more dangerous and ambitious tunnels (instead of avoiding at all costs any pockets of gas so I don"t have trouble with it later)

------

(Decontamination chamber) A specific device that close on a Duplicant and clean him of any effects (cold, hot, sweat, dirty / excluding psychological and any effects not related to the skin (like starvation, for example, you can't clean up starvation)) and Slimelung by 100 000, with hot, pressurised water coming from the top and exiting from bellow the Duplicant, you can select on what direction the duplicant have to use it.

What should it need to function? One air entry, electricity, one water entry and one exit for the polluted water, the Duplicant stand in the middle, the device shut and clean him, the air is expulsed as the device open, increasing the air temperature, also pumping out hotter (polluted) water.

This device is definitely mean to be used right after the dup exit any hazardous environment, i know for the moment this device may only be useful for long therm expedition in the Slime biome since any germs can be destroyed by simply washing your hands (excluding in -body germs) but i think for future features supposed to make showers way more useful, like the longer your Duplicant is wet or dirty, the more he's likely to catch sickness, effect multiplied by the kind of bio-hazard they are exposed (cold water, dirty water, petrol, slime biome), (caus Duplicants take showers after having their little toes in the water so its a waste of time cause dirty duplicants are not a problem).

Well, I hope I've been clear with my ideas since English is not my first language I had troubles making this post as clear as possible, I hope a lot of peoples share my point of view if you want to talk about this idea don"t hesitate

And don"t tell me airlock are supposed to accomplish this if you put two of them, because they don"t and they cost a lot of energy, for now, airlock is cool late-game doors for your base but they are definitely not good for air management, especially gas farming (aka using pockets of gas for farm or generators)

But they can be part of t, IF you design the system yourself.

You have automatic airlock oors, presure and germs senstive automaton sensors, gas pumps, filters and vents. Designing these kind of sytem from basic elements is pretty much what a good portion of the gameplay is all about.

It will be energy costly but once agai, power an heat managemnt are part of the intended chalenge of the game.

(Admitedly a decontamination tile, weither bathing duplicants in chlorine or UVs would be a nice addition as an object.)

Also given the size autmation components takes, some smaller version of them would be great as would earier access int he tec tree to the smal gas nd liquid pump (and no plastic cost for those, jsut refined metal is enough).

12 hours ago, Smuch said:

But they can be part of t, IF you design the system yourself.

You have automatic airlock oors, presure and germs senstive automaton sensors, gas pumps, filters and vents. Designing these kind of sytem from basic elements is pretty much what a good portion of the gameplay is all about.

It will be energy costly but once agai, power an heat managemnt are part of the intended chalenge of the game.

(Admitedly a decontamination tile, weither bathing duplicants in chlorine or UVs would be a nice addition as an object.)

Also given the size autmation components takes, some smaller version of them would be great as would earier access int he tec tree to the smal gas nd liquid pump (and no plastic cost for those, jsut refined metal is enough).

You are right, but its more of a lategame thing and I think having a simple door able to prevent gas flow open for way easier and mobile activity such as gas pumping, just imagine for mid game, having to create a complex system for every dangerous arena you enter, its just not worth it, peoples avoid them or just don"t brother. like, two airlocks door and a pump ? You are trowing away  480 energy cost, that's half a coal generator, that's huge, exept if Kel buff that kind of activity (aka nerfing doors plz) and create a less energy cost air pump for a single arena i will definitely do that kind of setup

Also preventing heat is not how the door should work, like I said, the door should be thermally reactive as the components should require low weight for the door to be opened by air pressure (and dup), so peoples won't use them for their base, its supposed to be used for the mines so precious oxygen don"t get overrun by any gas

The energy cost is a real drawback for using these doors (airlock one), its only useful for late game when you are definitely set with a durable energy source,

22 hours ago, BurningMadness said:

I also understand that you can create airlock with water, allowing Duplicants to travel without losing gas but I don"t like to use glitches like that,

Some of the smaller designs may be glitches but in general they're not. S-bends are why your bathroom doesn't reek of sewer smells.

Archived