I like the priority system.... but it doesn't really work. Here's a couple of problems. First one is that my chef cares more about doing literally anything besides dealing with food.

5b23d5fd4847b_Dupes1.png.67efb8f02850be5996f400fbb4e43e7d.png

Second one is that they will go to get an object, then instantly drop it and go do something else. In this case a Dupe pumped water into the bottle you can see, then instantly dropped it through the floor and went off to dig.

5b23d602c5584_Dupes2.thumb.png.7ecc508d63d5dc5ab3a12435054825b6.png

For the first one, do you have autoprioritize on?  Second, even if you do, this can happen.  If the cook was doing other things when the microbe musher became usable, then another dupe could start working at the building.  It would be nice if the cook came in and kicked the researcher off of the job though.  A third scenario, which is related to the second, is that the musher ran out of power.  If the cook was working the musher, he would very likely be the first person free to run on the treadmill.  While he was running, the researcher came up and took the job.  I would say the best way to avoid this is to lower the priority on everyone else for cooking and lower the cook's priority on operate.

On the second one, that is annoying.  I wish they wouldn't do that too.

Archived