Challenge - Colony Relocation

g5457s

I made this challenge mainly because I've seen so many colonies based at the center of the asteroid. This challenge (hopefully) should force players to stay away from the center and build their colony elsewhere.

Backstory:

A once thriving base is on the verge of death due to a serious overheating problem. Your task is to move the duplicants to a new location where they can survive and thrive for many cycles to come. However, the asteroid Verovoulya 17 has things in store for them, including a mysterious force (in an increasingly sinister voice) that is anything but good...

Rules:

• Using debug mode is not allowed.
  • The main colony must not be at the starting location, unless you choose one of the optional objectives below.

You have until cycle 300 to complete these initial objectives:

• The population must be at least 18. The more, the merrier.
  • Build at least 1 stable and thriving base away from the center of the asteroid. You may split the population into multiple bases if you wish.

Once cycle 300 is over, go AFK (away from keyboard) and leave the colony alone for at least two hours at speed 2. When you come back and the colony is still in tip-top shape (no overheating, food shortage, water shortage, power issues, stress problems, oxygen starvation, dead duplicants, etc), the challenge is complete.

Optional objectives. These are not required, but it can add a bit of sugar and spice to this challenge. You may choose at one or more of the following:

• Give your one favorite duplicant his/her stable dream home. The dupe must stay at the dream home at all times. All other dupes are not allowed entry.
  • Restore the starting base to its former glory. At the end of cycle 300, you must have at least 36 dupes. A max of 18 of must reside at the starting base while the others should live in other bases.
  • Go AFK and leave the colony alone for at least two hours before cycle 300. The earlier, the better.

5a5d6e4e22597_ONIColonyRelocationChallengePic2.thumb.jpg.9f9bc52e8d5d72cf7a380281fcb5edf7.jpg

This is my first challenge scenario. I hope you enjoy it!

Save file 1: Verovoulya-17 RelocateScenario.sav (original version, slightly easier)

Save file 2: Verovoulya17 RelocateScenario.sav (2nd version, slightly harder)

Place it in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

Archived