standalone klei updater issues?

hi

i have a strange problem (?). long time ago i installed dont starve + all DLC (not steam version, but the standalone humble version).

then it looked for updates, downloaded them (with many errors, so i re-opened updater always again and again, until it finally downloaded all updates without errors).

now i see that shipwrecked got a new update. but my klei updater said, that my game is up to day.

okay then i uninstalled the game and all dlcs. (the folder in programs was about 1 GB big, after uninstalling the folder disappeared, so no size anymore).

but, here comes the problem: then i installed dont starve again(from humble installer). and it looked for updates and then patched everything in only 3 sec. (without downloading the updates again). so my question: what happened? i uninstalled everthing. how could klei updater patch everything again to newes version without needing to downoad anything? (back then, in the first attempt it downloaded the updates at least 5 min long).

so: are my patch files still stored? if so, where? how can i be sure now that everything from KLEI is uninstalled when i uninstall the game? if i intentionally uninstall something completely, i dont want downloaded big update patch files still be stored on my computer. how is it even possible? i cleaned my temp folder and everything else, i even used software like ccleaner.

so how is it possible, after i unstalled the game, and then install it again, the patch is done in 3 sec? because the very first update back then defenitely took more than 5 min. shouldnt it take again 5 min, because everything + updates were uninstalled?

to sum it up: there are 2 possibilities. first is, that the game updates are hiddenly stored somewhere and you cant even uninstall/delete them. second possibility is, that the KLEI updater is somehow bugged or the registry entries were not deleted. idk. im asking for help.

Archived