Temperature management.

I am currently running a heat problem in my base, so i decided to fix it via digging through to the -200°C or so Abyssalite. Even pumping gas or liquid through the Abyssalite does not affect its temperature. It just does not change anything. Placing a hot machine, like a coal-plant right next to it for cooling the machine down does not work either. Edit: Oh i just found out, Abyssalite cannot conduct temperature, thus its an isolator. However i would very much appreciate if I could use the cold somehow.

Some other temperature imbalances that have come to my attention:

If you deactivate the coal-plant it stays hot like lava and will never cool down. This is also applicable for other hot machines.

Internal (Infernal) temperature of shower and lavatory is around 76°C. Why is that? Are they doing steam-sauna-lavatory or what?

Water-purifier works at 126°C ... I thought it was a filtration based on sand and not a distille...

Compost at 76°C - Real compost eventually peaks at 70°C INSIDE the heap.

Super-Computer at 126°C .. i think if that is the external temperature of the item it might just as well run with fire instead of electricity.

Unbenannt.png

Heat management is actually a real problem closer to what feels like cycle 50-80. At one point, i started building the small hydro fan, which didn't really do all that much in the first place. My best base so far lost at day 89 due to thermal temperatures reaching levels high enough for my wormwood farm to get stifled. Death by starvation via lack of temperature control. However, I probably could have just placed it a very well insulated area, made with the highest tier insulating walls.

I don't know how to use the ACs either for example, tried making a pump and a vent closer on a hot room and connect it to the AC that it's appart on a sealed room with oxygen. But the pump wouldn't pump gas and the vent status was always vent over pressurized.

Yeh, you can't even pump gas for 2 tiles if the preasure is above ~1.1k. So AC isn't working unless you do serious tweaking.

On the flipside it turned out, that dupes can handle the heat pretty well. This save is now on day 144 and temperature isn't a matter even without AC. on top, I was just digging far south and the dupes didnt mind to walk through molten stuff on 500°C+ rocks. Just isolate the plants from any heatsource and you're fine.

On 18.2.2017 at 0:26 AM, tafelskif said:

Yeh, you can't even pump gas for 2 tiles if the preasure is above ~1.1k. So AC isn't working unless you do serious tweaking.

On the flipside it turned out, that dupes can handle the heat pretty well. This save is now on day 144 and temperature isn't a matter even without AC. on top, I was just digging far south and the dupes didnt mind to walk through molten stuff on 500°C+ rocks. Just isolate the plants from any heatsource and you're fine.

Im at cylce 200 and i started to dig into a very hot area so my dudes are getting very hot and brought all their heat into the base. When i started to harvest my plants the oxygen was 100°C and i had thermos pumping - 6° into my plants room... 

That sucked ^^

On 2/16/2017 at 3:45 PM, tafelskif said:

Super-Computer at 126°C .. i think if that is the external temperature of the item it might just as well run with fire instead of electricity.

I think at this point your dupes wouldnt even be able to touch the computer without catching on fire themselves.

Archived