[Suggestion] Suggestion Dump

Here's a handful of suggestions I've been chewing over with some folks.

More bounty: I'm not fond of how empty the world is on a whole with SW sofar, there's stuff but its spread thin, and structured almost like the original world gen for DS where each biome is its own island, and because those islands can be at any random point on a very huge map it would follow it would be more fair and balanced to have more resources available on any given island, if the tropics are to be balanced on the assumption a mid-to-end game player in Base/RoG why aren't we given a starting kit? If its something you can choose to survive in from the very start of a game why is everything so sparse?

Whale-Shrimps: Something big, in the deeper parts of the ocean worth lots of food basically, one of the things I'm finding in SW is a lack of significant food, all that I can usually find is mostly small morsels worth, and I have to canvas several islands to keep a steady supply, with almost nothing to be found in the open oceans. So maybe whale sized shrimps could serve as the beefalo or Koalefants of the deep ocean.

Random Flotsam: Another thing I figured would be something we'd get by default was a system similar to the flotsam that could spawn in Regular Don't Starve when SW as being teased, with a wider drop table and such. Another idea that occurs is a fishing spear that could be used at area's where fish schools are to catch bigger fish. More schools in general would also be a significant plus, because again food bigger than table scraps are hard to come by.

Tiger Sharks: Them things from the Teaser Trailer, could be mixed amongst the "sea hounds" or as I prefer Piranha Sharks, preferably dropping something that's not monster meat, just cause it fights doesn't mean it isn't edible.

Kracken of Adorable Puppyness: I thought "hey a kracken would be good for SW as a sea Giant" then I found an image of an adorable chibi octopus looking like a puppy pouncing on a toy sunken ship and thought "It'd be crazy awesome if it was just a big puppy and didn't intentionally hurt you", he just hurt you (and possibly your ship) because he's big and naive like a big old puppy trying to play with a tiny easily bruised baby! :grin:

Moar Sciency transportation: More methods of ship propulsion, preferably hands free ones like motors etc.

• Maybe a craftable Oar which when held in the hand space can be used as an inefficient melee weapon or more efficiently on any boat lacking sails/motors to use 2 paddles to speed things up ever so slightly.
  • A Peddle powered water wheel, faster than 2 oars but costs some hunger to use. WX potentially could get his Electrified speed boost added to this since it is powered by footpower.
  • Combustion/steam engine, propel your ship with burnable items keeping a steadier pace than a sail and you receive less penalty/boon from winds but collisions with waves are more damaging to your craft.
  • Magic Engine: Use nightmare fuel or some other magical fuel to propel your craft so fast it hurts your sanity, with the same boons/weaknesses as its science based cousin.
  • Kracken Bait: Maybe if you befriend Kracky he'll be willing to push your boat for you. Maybe even save you if it wrecks? Granted he probably won't follow you into the shoals.

New Boats:

• Heavy Runner, ship with forward reinforcements to be used to ram enemies and reduce penalties for colliding with waves.
  • Science Vessel, Who knew strapping a science machine to a boat was a good idea?
  • +inventory space on the Cargo ship and give more boats small cargo space
  • Ship in a Bottle
  • Potato Submarine, Why deal with nasty sea conditions, why not go Under those waves! Granted you'll have to push through alot more water, still you could go normal speed at the cost of surfacing.
  • Flippers/Wing Floaties, swimming's not for everyone and I wouldn't leave the shoals but it could save your precious fleet some wear and tear when you just need to harvest that seaweed. Of course, how will you defend yourself?
  • SurfBoard! Hang 10 and catch some waves, wave buffs 2x as effective and last for about a minute or two.
  • Larger boats! Long boats for more cannon space? A proper sailing ship for bringing followers/livestock to new lands? An even Hoardier Cargo boat?? Shame they move so slow in the shallow water.

Sieve: Sift through the sand, and water for minerals and who knows what else?

Moar Mussels: Let Mussels sticks grow more than one Mussel, they're a decent source of food it'd be great though if letting the stick sit longer could grow up to 3 harvestable Mussels.

More than 1 per harvest: Some resources feel silly only dishing out 1 of the resource per harvest, Palm Fronds for instance, Bamboo and Vines also scream the need to drop more than 1 per harvest, for Bamboo I'm fairly content if it's a small chance to get a 2nd stick, the vines should get a max of 3.

WX Tweaks: Obviously getting wet is going to happen, and along with poison, another DoT effect as a threat WX sure seems to be at a severe disadvantage on the islands. I feel his Wetness damage, should scale to how wet he is, with low levels of wetness hardly causing damage, and full wetness causing WX to "pass out" and lose some time and hunger, and potentially lose some random upgrade progress. And then he is a robot after all, Poison won't bother him. He's also pretty heavy, I imagine the winds wouldn't work against his foot speed as badly as Wilson.

PineHampple: My avatar image...

Don't judge me...

Cave Improvements: Unless one of the remaining DLC's we're eventually going to get is planned to be a major cave overhaul, why not spend some time improving and finishing a fully fleshed out cave experience?

More to come?

Thurougly discussed and well liked/refined ideas will be added to this post, with credit to the original suggester and main contributors.

Moar Mussels: Let Mussels sticks grow more than one Mussel, they're a decent source of food it'd be great though if letting the stick sit longer could grow up to 3 harvestable Mussels.

On the topic of mussels, if you leave the mussel sticks in long enough, up to 6 will grow on it. The timing seems to be 1 mussel the day after "planting" the stick, 3 mussels two days after, and 6 mussels three days after. 

Probably against some rules to bump but eh, this is a sizeable post with some good ideas, it'd be a shame to have it get forgotten.

Another thing that is against the rules on many forums is promoting your own thread in someone else's a lot of the time, not saying that is a rule here, but often it is not considered very polite to do so without consent at the very least as the thread owner may feel encroached upon. Not trying to be a prosecutor or anything, just a friendly heads up. You have some nice ideas here, I think they can stand on their own without the extra cross-thread advertisement. And it doesn't hurt that they feel like things that could belong in the Don't Starve world. All in all well thought out and put together, let's hope you get the attention you deserve. :wilson_goodjob:

[snip]

Not really promoting so much as trying to contain suggestions in one or two larger threads than a spam of 20 different people suggesting the same thing in different threads. The only reason I take the time to say my thread has a similar suggestion is 1) This thread is older and 2) there's multiple other suggestions here, as well as room for any suggestions not present to be added.

Not really promoting so much as trying to contain suggestions in one or two larger threads than a spam of 20 different people suggesting the same thing in different threads. The only reason I take the time to say my thread has a similar suggestion is 1) This thread is older and 2) there's multiple other suggestions here, as well as room for any suggestions not present to be added.

1) Older? Really? Mine was written 03 December 2015 - 05:07 PM and yours was written 04 December 2015 - 12:54 AM if this forum's time stamps are to be believed... Think you need to check that age smugness at the door. Both our threads can coexist at the same time, you suggested a swimming enhancing items while I suggested swimming as a mechanic in general.

2) And you are just going to swoop up all those other suggestions written by other people, and add them here after others have written theirs before you so you can feel good about having them all under your roof, and divert attention away from those previous threads and onto your thread? You want this to be THE Suggestion thread so the rest of us have to post in your thread instead of making our own? I sure hope this was just a one off thing and not how you intend to behave from here on in. Geez, and here I thought we could coexist and be all neighbourly, but it seems you want to eat the whole cake.

"Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:54 PM"

"Edited by Gotheran, Yesterday, 10:24 PM."

I'm not stealing anyone's ideas, calm down. If I do elect to take an idea from another existing thread I will kindly ask first and provide credit to whomever I asked. It's just nicer to have a collection of good ideas than several dozen on their own trying to elbow each other for space on the front page.

"Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:54 PM"

"Edited by Gotheran, Yesterday, 10:24 PM."

It still says Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:54 AM for me, maybe different time zones somehow changes these numbers. I have mine set to the same one as Denmark as I couldn't find one for Norway. It's still weird how we both see each other's posts as being more recently written... Weird... :wilson_incredulous:Well at any rate our posts are so different that there shouldn't be an issue.

Archived