How to zoom -- without mouse wheel?

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to zoom in and out without a mouse wheel?  I don't see any bindings for zoom in Options -> Controls.

Normally I play on PC with mouse, but I was playing on my laptop yesterday, and found it difficult to see what I was doing without the ability to zoom in (eventually I plugged a wheeled mouse into my laptop, but it would be nicer if there are other options for zooming, preferably via keyboard).

Your trackpad doesn't mimic a scrollwheel by either 2-finger scrolling or far-right-edge? You may want to look into the options.

I haven't encountered a non-scrollwheeled trackpad in... a decade?

I don't have a trackpad (Lenovo X200 tablet).  It does have a touch screen, though I never thought to check if pinch-zoom works. I was a little hesitant to use the touch screen -- accidental clicks can be fatal in this game.

In any case, a keyboard zoom option would be nice -- either full zoom capabilities, or a key to toggle between 3 or more zoom levels like they did for Shadowrun Returns.

Aha. I agree.

I've found that you can never dangerously misclick if you're doing so outside your agent's radius and of course aren't touching any icons (firewalls and the like).

Never thought to try playing this on a tablet. :grin: I do agree that there should be a keyboard shortcut and/or an on-screen +/- somewhere.

Hmmm.... is it possible that +/- already work for zooming in and out?  I can't fire up the game right now, but I peeked at camhandler.lua and found the following:

elseif event.key == mui_defs.K_MINUS then			self:zoom( -ZOOM_FACTOR, 0, 0 )				return true		elseif event.key == mui_defs.K_PLUS then			self:zoom( ZOOM_FACTOR, 0, 0 )					return true

Archived