Intro to Programming

Cheerio

• Developer

Even though these courses are in javascript, they are a very good introduction to programming.  If you've never programmed before and are looking for a place to start, this is a pretty good choice.

https://www.khanacademy.org/cs/programming/intro-to-programming/v/programming-intro

Special thanks to @nickwest for the recommendation :).

I'm not sure where to post this question but I figured it would be worthwhile to post it here:

Is it 100% necessary to use LUA when modding for don't starve? I noticed there were many other languages that can be used in the sublime mod tool.

@Nayrn Yes, you must use LUA. Don't Starve is made to use LUA, so it won't automatically work with another language. It's like asking if I can talk to you in a completely foreign language. Unless you've learned that language, I can't use it to communicate with you. Similarly, Don't Starve doesn't "speak" another language (for modders, anyways).

Sublime is an IDE. It's not affiliated with Don't Starve or Klei at all. It provides tools for working with multiple languages so it can be used by a wide variety of programmers. That does not imply that those languages could work together in any way.

Archived