Xbox One X Offline Local Couch Co Op Split Screen Unplayable

DidUReboot
  • Pending

Offline local split screen co-op is unplayable on Xbox One X. (no Wi-Fi configured, no ethernet)

Terrible... Horrible lag. Connection warning icons are being displayed... for a complete offline world. 

I'm not talking about the game being choppy from having too much grass on the screen or anything like that.

One example:

When morning hits and you leave the fire you will rubber band around the screen, or you will not initially move at all and eventually will see yourself "playing catch up" as the previous moves you performed are all carried out.

Another example:

You will be moving around as intended when suddenly your character will stop moving. You will keep pressing a direction thinking that eventually he will move and he doesn't. After a few seconds, you will see connection indicator (I believe that's what they are) icons in the middle of the screen. See attached. It will either show as that, or without the bolt in between. During this time your character may run through any unperformed moves, before the connection issue clears up and you're good to go. I've seen this issue happen back to back to back where the entire day becomes unplayable. I just don't understand how there can be this huge of an issue in a fully offline world. 

I have this on the PS4 as well, and unfortunately I have to play that version if I don't want this huge frustration. 

Untitled picture.png

Steps to Reproduce
Offline world Huge Most>Always (branch/loop) Spring/Autumn Very Long, Winter Default, Summer off Starting Season Spring Day very long Days 1-15 explore map, then start building base.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Wow devs.... I should probably start referring to this game as Don’t Support.

You guys are giving Blizzard forums a run for their money when it comes to complete laziness and disinterest in engaging your paying customers.

No no.... don’t worry about replying anytime soon. Judging from the rest of the comments, as well as the random still pending posts you’ve marked as “resolved”, I am content in simply knowing I wasted my money to support a joke of a company. 

Feel free to comment (oh wait... that’s complicated for you guys) on how I should be playing this game differently or how it’s impossible I’m having these issues or please be a complete moron and explain how it’s a network issue for me but it’s probably company policy to ignore, or is every other DS forum for Xbox simply “fake news”?

If (problem == hurtsmebrain)

{

ignore

};

There. Update your company policy for ya.

Now I get not understanding a problem, but ignoring a problem you’ve collected money on is a sign of weakness as well as a lack of confidence in your own ability to either resolve the issue, or explain it correctly.

Way to leave your paying customers hanging in the wind.

Edited by DidUReboot

Share this comment

So I’m curious. Been a month and zero comments from the devs. 

Is it that you can’t log into the website? Do you need tech support?

is it that you simply don’t care what the end user experience is once the payment has processed??

Is typing hard? Big words sometimes? 

Did you go and get grounded?? When can you touch a computer again?

To me..... I find it hilarious that an issue with your game and lag is.... greeted with lag. Maybe that’s just......how......................... you guys............. roll.

I’m just tossing this update out there to warn potential customers not to waste their money on this company if they want actual support. 

I mean, devs... at any point and time  try to pretend to give a rip. Just saying. Check yo emails. Click on any bug related to lag. Check your private messages. Let me know if you guys work better with smoke signals. 

Pathetic. 

Edited by DidUReboot

Share this comment

On 6/16/2018 at 4:45 PM, Rokam le grand said:

Same problem... same icon on the screen when it lags..

Sorry dude, problem is too complex / they’re too lazy to acknowledge it. They figured out the keyboard part at least and seem to be able to comprehend replying to simple questions that arise where they can get their ninja redirect skills on (see attached.... same dude was alerted to this issue a month ago, as well as general email to their support email). If the problem involves thought however, forget about it. Give up and don’t waste your time expecting anything professional from this company.

BDD82228-F848-4276-A1D3-819FDF5FAAB1.jpeg

FA27778F-551C-4B09-BE98-7E03A4EEAABF.png

Edited by DidUReboot
FTW

Share this comment