Can't connect to any server

Steri
  • Fixed

After allowing the game to update last night we are unable to connect to any server. It gets stuck saying connecting.  All servers that show up only have one player.  If we try to start our own split screen server it stays on the connecting screen forever as well.

Steps to Reproduce
Any time we try to connect to a server it says connecting and never connects.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Sorry for the trouble. Our team is currently trying to reproduce this issue to try and narrow it down, however we need a bit more information from you. Could you provide us with following information if possible:

1) A photo/screenshot of where you are getting stuck or where the issue is happening. Try to make the photo as clear as possible so we can see the whole screen and read the on-screen text.

2) Your Klei User ID – you can find your KU_ID by visiting our https://accounts.klei.com/ website. Your KU_ID looks like this: "KU_xXxXxxxxX".

3) Are you playing on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X?

4) Your region / location – this will help us identify any geographic patterns to the error.

5) Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold account?

Share this comment

1) See attaches image. It gets stuck saying it’s connecting.

2) Klei User ID KU_45sljSF-

3) Playing on an Xbox one X

4) I’m in Tucson Arizona USA

5) yes I have an Xbox live gold account 

8CBA2F21-F28F-4566-AD74-646B6779959F.jpeg

Share this comment

Also when we look at all the games we can join it only reports one player in every game.

0715ED39-72DC-40F9-B6BA-EF155F7BE6CF.jpeg

Share this comment

Thank you very much for the screenshots and additional information. Our team is aware of the issue that some people are having on Xbox at the moment and believe it to be fixed in a patch we have coming in the very near future, barring any delays in the certification process.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Yay! My wife and i were having the same issue! And im glad that it will be fixed soon. We both love dont starve together and were starving to get back in the action!

Share this comment

Glad to hear there is a patch in the works. I’m having the same issues. Just infinity trying to connect to xbox friends created world. I tried making a world an inviting him and still didn't work. Even uninstalled the game an reinstalled nothing worked. I am on the east cost, US ohio region. I have like over a year left of xbox gold. As for a screen shot well its just going to be a connecting box like the screenshot above. The same thing. Along with the same on the servers. Just 1 person no one joined. 

Thanks for fixing the issue. Cant wait for the patch to roll out. 

Share this comment

I am having the same trouble as Steri, it stays stuck on Connecting..... I am on Xbox One, East Coast, Mid West. Active Xbox Live Gold account. Have tried, hard reset, both console and router. And unistall-reinstall.

Share this comment

In case anyone missed our previous post, we have submitted a patch for Xbox One that should fix the issue and are waiting for it to be approved/certified by Microsoft. The patch should roll out for the game in the very near future barring any delays in the Microsoft certification process. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment