Problems with game performance

Champaris
  • Pending

Lag compensation can now be turned off. That's great, and it allows me to see now the problem in its full scope as I had suspected. The game is choppy, and the character is indeed slow to respond and slow to complete any action. While I can see where I actually am, kiting is barely easier, and defeating a pig took 3 hits and a lot of frantic maneuvers. I do not know if this is due to the game or the switch not having what it takes to run it, but this is a problem. I should also note that my world had caves and was offline.

Steps to Reproduce

Disable lag compensation, load into a standard world with caves, play around a bit and then try to duke it out with a pig.

User Feedback

I truly am itching to play this game and enjoy it for many, many hours, but I want to do so in decent conditions. I know klei is small and they have a lot to worry about, so I am not expecting them to fix everything by the end of the week, especially if the issues are complex. But that performance just broke my heart. 

Share this comment

Unfortunately, it's more of an issue with Nintendo's update procedure than Klei being stumped on trouble shooting/fixing issues.

Nintendo has a 2 week average for handling update requests. 

Some games have legitimately taken over a month to have the update request processed. 

So we are waiting on Nintendo's policies at the moment, not Klei directly.

That being said, I can clearly understand why Klei hasn't said this publicly as being the issue - Imagine if you get a partner deal with a company, and immediately tell everyone it's their fault the updates are taking so long.... not good for business...

So Klei will most likely be silent about the issue until they get an update through. 

That being said, I was also told that they have requested a 2nd update before the 1st was processed. So that overwrote the first update request. Although I'm unsure if that's 100% accurate though. As I can't actually find anywhere they said that. 

Share this comment

On 5/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, TechnicolorDatabase said:

Unfortunately, it's more of an issue with Nintendo's update procedure than Klei being stumped on trouble shooting/fixing issues.

Nintendo has a 2 week average for handling update requests. 

Some games have legitimately taken over a month to have the update request processed. 

So we are waiting on Nintendo's policies at the moment, not Klei directly.

That being said, I can clearly understand why Klei hasn't said this publicly as being the issue - Imagine if you get a partner deal with a company, and immediately tell everyone it's their fault the updates are taking so long.... not good for business...

So Klei will most likely be silent about the issue until they get an update through. 

That being said, I was also told that they have requested a 2nd update before the 1st was processed. So that overwrote the first update request. Although I'm unsure if that's 100% accurate though. As I can't actually find anywhere they said that. 

This... is an excellent point, wasn't aware that the delay was THAT long. Hope the update gets through in the near future.

Share this comment