Game crashes if server host types on switch

Hormiga89
  • Fixed

I figured someone else would have mentioned it and it would get fixed, but still having the same problem. If I try to type on a sign or name a beefalo the game lags and sometimes kicks people out. If anyone knows of a work around it be cool to know. I usually only play with my brother, his girlfriend, or my nephews so it doesn't matter much. I just let them know when I'm getting a beef or tell them to put the sign. But I've been slowly playing with others and can't communicate with them to let them know what I'm trying to do. I also don't like entering other people's worlds because I usually get kicked for 3 out of the 4 characters I like to use Willow, Wilson, and Webber.

Steps to Reproduce

Host world and put up a sign or use a beefalo bell. The longer you take the more the lag.

• Wavey 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Happens to me too. The longer you take, the more lag it causes and ppl will lose connection. I recommend you speedrunning whatever you're gonna type so it won't kick ppl. It usually happens when you're the host, when other people type, it doesn't lag for me but they still have to type fast or lose connection. :snarlingspider:

Idk why the switch keyboard takes up the whole screen and pauses the whole game.

Share this comment

I usually avoid communication with anyone and keep the default name on the beef. But I feel like in that case I should just play alone when I'm not playing with my family. And if that's the case then I actually like don't starve more because I could choose the other DLCs.

Edited by Hormiga89

Share this comment