Can't play local co-op

Mugin
  • Fixed

When I try to connect a second player in the main menu, the game tells me : "You can't continue because you can't select another user, visit Nintendo's support for more informations" (my game is in french so that's a translation).

Steps to Reproduce

Be on the main menu and press + on the second controller.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

May I ask if you have a 2nd Nintendo Account on your Switch?

If you are just planning to play Offline, the 2nd account doesn't need to have an online subscription, but the game requires there to be a Nintendo Account for the 2nd player.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Yes I do have a nintendo account linked to the other user.

There are 3 users, the one owning the game, another linked with a different nintendo account (this one never had any Nintendo online subsription) and a third one with no Nintendo account at all.

Share this comment

I have the same problem, and since I only bought the game to play coop with my kid, need a fix asap or a refund please.

Share this comment

I also have this same issue. 

It's simple to reproduce. You cannot play local co-op. 

I even purchased nintendo online for myself thinking it was required, but still when I press + it just gives me that error message. 

I wanted to play this with my partner, and I even moved her account onto my own switch, and this still doesn't work. 

Maybe me purchasing online for her account might allow it to work, but why do we need two online accounts to play local offline co-op? 

Share this comment

I've found the issue. 

This occurs when the nintendo switch is not registered as the primary console for the account launching the game. 

You can find instructions on the Nintendo website on how to do this, but once this was done it allowed local co op. 

Share this comment

Hello,

I got the same problem with a valid nintendo account used to buy the game, associated as the main account to the Switch.

My child has a "familly account" (managed by me) but he can't join a coop onfline game.

Is there a special configuration to do? Should he must have a "real/adult" Nintendo account to play with me locally?

Share this comment