Boating issues

TechnicolorDatabase
  • Pending

You are simply completely unable to repair boats in general. 

You can make patches and fix the boat leaks, which repairs it somewhat. However there is no ability to target the bottom of the boat, so the overall health of the boat is unfixable.

Meaning the boat will be destroyed guaranteed if you get enough crashes, there is no way to repair the boat on land either. It never targets the bottom of the boat no matter what I do.... 

Steps to Reproduce

Stand on a boat and try to repair it. 

• Wavey 1

User Feedback

Thats actually incorrect , it can be hard to target the boat but I have fixed the boat myself in the game.

There are issues with targeting on the boat for sure though. For example I was constantly targeting the boat for repairing when I would be right ontop of my firepit and trying to put some fuel in it. Only to repair the boat instead of fueling the fire.

• Wavey 1

Share this comment

Okay so it seems different for others... thats weird, because on a fresh boat i have no ability to repair the boat AT ALL.... 

Blank cookie, no repairs available...

• Wavey 1

Share this comment

As said Ive had issues with repairing my boat when I dont want to. As when I hover over a log on the boat itll say repair instead of fueling the fire or what not.

That said you cant repair the boat if its at 100% health , so a fresh boat cant be repaired. It has to be damaged first.

• Wavey 1

Share this comment

I 100% promise the boat with holes in it actively leaking could not be sustained with any wood source.

I did retry a few times while at 100% health and that didnt work. So I wont do that again.

But, I did have a damaged boat and I couldnt shove any boards or logs onto it. 

I didnt have any more patches and I tried desperately to repair the boat to make it to land (just rollback'ed after sinking and retried, all 4 sinking attempts did not find a repair spot anywhere. Ill try creating a new world and making a cookie to see if its my world.)

• Wavey 1

Share this comment

Alright, further testing allows me to repair the boat sort of. It for some reason will show up and go away repeatedly. However it is do-able.

What is not do-able is the steering wheel. I know its been mentioned before in many reports in here - but if you touch a steering wheel, the lag compensation will snap you back to the wheel, or simply not let you let get off the wheel in general and you will stay on it. 

It's awful to begin with, but actually being super glued to your boat when you let go of the wheel after 30 attempts, finally let go and get of the boat, then get snapped back on the boat and stomp around repeatedly as he jumps no where in place.

Test results: 

I was able to damage my boat, had a rather awful time trying to get off the steering wheel - the spot i got a repair option from was to the right of my mast. I moved to see how big it was, but I couldn't consistently bring it back, for some reason when i walked away and came back it wouldnt show up every second attempt.

Which i also think is the lag compensation's fault. I think i was being lagged to a different area of the boat originally, with a small bit of clutter with our oars, there would be no repair showing at all. And it seems when i am being lagged to other areas of the boat, it in turn does not show repair abilities.

In recap, standing in the one spot, the repairs available didnt always show repair options. However, standing in that one spot for like a full minute showed the repair options eventually, unless the boat was moving, in which cslase they never showed up ever. 

Please let us turn off lag compensation.

• Wavey 1

Share this comment