Feedback UI Issues + Input Issues + Stone Toss incorrect damage

penguin0616
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

It's a whole mess. I am playing on a controller, which may be important?

The primary issue is that A) the stone toss skill (where you throw a rock that deals your weapon damage) does not deal your weapon damage.

It deals like 6-20, unless it's a crit, in which case it does about 100.

I tried to report this with the in-game report feature (F8), and it brought open a UI that was scaled very wrong. I didn't manage to grab any pictures, but the main part was correct (i.e. title of issue, description box, etc). The issue was that the background graphic stretched way more than it should, and I couldn't input anything. I had opened F8 with my keyboard and tried typing into the boxes, but I couldn't select them for input at all.

I unplugged my controller and tried to continue with a keyboard, and the issue got worse. It prompted me to add a player and device, and I couldn't do that either because the game wasn't accepting my keyboard & mouse, or controller when I put it back in. I tried pressing more controller buttons, and the game blacked out and crashed.

I'm guessing that when I pressed F8 with my keyboard, it brought up the report screen but also brought up the "new input detected" prompt behind the screen, locking me out of input, and that spiraled into a crash.

Also, the repro steps section is for ONI, not Rotwood.

Spoiler

image.png.e79c33ec884305e1de890964c52cbdb6.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Press F8 on keyboard while playing with a controller to report an issue.

2. Be locked out of all inputs

3. Unplug controller to try using keyboard

4. That doesn't work either, plug controller back in and mash buttons to hopefully resume the run I'm having because I'm so close to the boss on Frenzy 3.

5. Crash

I can't attack the .dmp files because of the restricted file type, so I just zipped them up.

Digging around for other relevant files, I noticed you guys have a dungeon_temp directory that seems to be for saving rooms. I ended off in a shop, maybe that's relevant? I've attached the saves anyway.

I also attached the "luacrash.zip" from the feedback that the game appears to have made.

Let me know if you guys need anything else. Enjoying the game so far (minus mosquitoes)!

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.