Cannot start the game

DerSamurai
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I simply cant start the game, had tried all of the recomendations about cheking for updates or reinstaling the game, still didnt help.

Steps to Reproduce

Starting the game from Steam app or from windows.

User Feedback

"Unable to initialize the game. See logs." If you encounter this error and the game fails to start:

You need to navigate to C:\Users......(Your PC Name)......\AppData\Roaming\Klei. You can access this folder by typing "%appdata%" in the search bar of the Start menu (without the quotes). Delete the RotWood files inside the Klei folder.

!!!WARNING!!!

If you have a saved game, consider that the game data is stored here, so your game progress will be completely reset.

Share this comment

@DerSamurai Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. I can see that you have provided us with your DxDiag.txt file, but not your client_log.txt.

If you are not able to press the F8 key to send us over your feedback/files from within the game, could we ask you to provide us with your client_log.txt file? This will give us a better understanding of what may be happening with particular situation. 

Where to find your client_log.txt file:

In order to find your game's client_log.txt file:

• Open up your Windows Explorer, and on the text input bar / search bar, copy and paste the following text and press Enter:

%appdata%\..\Roaming\Klei\Rotwood\

• This will take you to the Rotwood folders with a file path that looks something like this C:\Users\<Windows User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Klei\Rotwood\ and where you will find a series of numbered folders.

• Go into the numbered folder that starts with "steam-###############", where the ############### part will correspond to your Steam account; here you will find the client_log.txt file that you can provide along with your report.

We generally do not recommend deleting files from game folders or tinkering with files unless absolutely necessary as we won't be able to provide assistance if anything goes wonky with the game/game files.

• Like 1

Share this comment

@JanHUnfortunatly there is none. I checked all of the files in the appdata and its simply not there. Like I said the game just doesnt start, on Steam it looks like It works for a second and with how many times I started it, steam thinks I played total of 3 mins when I didnt even see the menu.
  image.png.86b35c855270443b2d15243606ea4137.png  

Share this comment

On 07.05.2024 at 00:24, Sciresca said:

«Невозможно инициализировать игру. См. журналы». Если вы столкнулись с этой ошибкой и игра не запускается:

Вам нужно перейти в C:\Users......(имя вашего компьютера)......\AppData\Roaming\Klei. Вы можете получить доступ к этой папке, набрав «%appdata%» в строке поиска меню «Пуск» (без кавычек). Удалите файлы RotWood из папки Klei.

!!!ПРЕДУПРЕЖДЕНИЕ!!!

Если у вас есть сохраненная игра, учтите, что здесь хранятся игровые данные, поэтому ваш игровой прогресс будет полностью сброшен.

FIXED https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3249130252 

Share this comment