PS5 - Server automatically changes from Offline to Online

GazzaC07
  • Fixed

My DST local server (Day 187) on PS5 somehow changed from Offline to Online.

This never happened before. I would sign in online and my gf using her offline PS account and we would be able to disconnect and reconnect no problems.

However, I have now tested that signing in on an Online account in an offline server changes it to become an online server. Is this a breaking change introduced? 

The option 'Server Mode' is not a toggle you can switch and seems to be dependent on the account online status. I've seen posts elsewhere to change config files, but sadly seems it's for PC users only.

Now I have lost all my items and can't play locally anymore. Any advice?

Steps to Reproduce

1. Ensure account is in offline mode 

2. Create a 'World' and spawn in

3. Disconnect from the world

3. Sign account and ensure it is Online

4. Select the world you created whilst offline

5. Once spawned in, disconnect from the world

7. Prompted with alert message saying "Please log in"

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Would like to add that I saw this issue for PS4 as well. My girlfriend and I had played on the offline server Sunday and today it had been switched to online mode. Couldn't figure out what had happened as some of our other games had not been affected.

Tried the reproduction steps above and can confirm behavior was the same - seems one of us most have been logged in the last time we played.

Will the fix be able to revert prior converted games back to their original offline mode? Thankfully not as far along as GazzaC07 (187 days), but was still at (107 days) and we had lots of items on our persons that we'd like to be able to recover.

Thanks in advance!

Share this comment