My console world crashes when retrofitting

Drewsifer
  • Fixed

With the forgotten knowledge update, an older map of mine (1924 days) keeps crashing when the retrofit counter reaches 0 and my game tries to auto save. I've tried rolling back to an earlier time of day, thinking it was because it was going from night to day, and it still crashes once it reaches 0. I even tried running into a cave to try and force a save before it reached 0 but crashed again anyway... i can supply screen shots but im not sure what else to do without deleting the map and just starting a new one. Any advice would b greatly appreciated... i don't really want to lose this map.

Thanks in advance for anything u can help with!

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how to but this is where I was at the time when this was encountered:

I was roughly next to the florid (in my mega base) and it was night. The night only had about 20 seconds left before it became day. So I load into the map and the game begins to retrofit. When day breaks and the game tries to auto save while its still retrofitting, it crashes... the caves did the same thing but it crashed during the loading screen where it saved.

• Sad 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your world. If you submit it we can take a look at what might be going wrong.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

So update...

I've tried several flash drives and I cant seem to find one that will be recognized by my ps4... does anyone know of any that are compatible? I really am curious as to what is causing my map to crash but if I can't get a suitable flash drive, I won't be able to upload the map...

Share this comment

It could be the filesystem on the flash drives. Try formatting one of them to either FAT32 or exFAT, I believe the PS4 should work with either of those.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Hello @Drewsifer, I am also having the same retrofitting issue as well. I’m glad to find out that I’m not the only one suffering from this crash as well. Maybe some time after Christmas, I’ll be able to upload my affected world to you @CharlesB. Would that be okay?

Share this comment

Alright, here is my PS4.zip file containing my bugged world @CharlesB, just as I promised. I hope I could get a positive response to fixing the nasty bug(s) back soon, and that everything is able to be fixed from there on so I can continue playing my favorite world! :)

PS4.zip

Edited by TheRealBryan
PS4.zip was too large to fit the initial 4.88MB limit, so I edited this comment to attach the .zip file.

Share this comment