Error CE-34878-0 on startup

Arslanian
  • Closed

My friend and I bought the game on the current sale on his account and everytime I open the game on my account I see the startup image but crashes immediately afterwards with the CE-34878-0 crash code. If I use his account, there is no problem, but of course he can't play if I do that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game to no avail and tried changing the system languages between English (UK & US) and Spanish (LATAM & Spain) but it still won't work.

I'm playing on a PS4 Fat, my PSN account is from Argentina, while my friend's account (the account that owns the game) is from the US.

Steps to Reproduce

Start the game on a different account to the one that purchased the game.

User Feedback

If you just bought the game and aren't particularly attached to any of your worlds, you could try going into the console savedata and deleting the DST Save, then trying again.
There is also a fix for one particular startup crash issue in the next update (you'd have to wait a few more days), though I don't know if it will fix your specific problem.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I ended up buying the game on my account before reading this thinking that would solve the issue but it didn't, however deleting the saved data worked like a charm, I forgot I even had any so that's why the thought didn't cross my mind. The game now works perfectly, thank you for the help!

6 hours ago, CharlesB said:

If you just bought the game and aren't particularly attached to any of your worlds, you could try going into the console savedata and deleting the DST Save, then trying again.
There is also a fix for one particular startup crash issue in the next update (you'd have to wait a few more days), though I don't know if it will fix your specific problem.

Share this comment