Domesticated beefalo becoming untamed and behaving as so.

Cagevick
  • Fixed

Following the full domestication (with fur being groomed) of a beefalo, I soon see it starts to present features that apply to a max obedient, undomesticated, wild beefalo.

For example, my Rider beefalo would throw me off after about 2-4 or so minutes of riding time. It would also become undomesticated after leaving it (as in being multiple screens away- more specifically, after returning from caves) for a couple of days, despite being left with a salt lick. The salt lick would not be destroyed upon return, so it could not be because of that. This has also happened with my Pudgey beefalo.

My Ornery does not experience this problem. The only solution I have found is by taming an entirely new Rider Beefalo, at which point it behaves normally like my Ornery.

Pls. Help. 

Steps to Reproduce
1) Tame a beefalo fully 2) Leave it a salt lick, feed it, and go spelunking 3) Return and find it back to its wild, default state. *Note that the glitch doesn't happen during every occurance I return spelunking, but that seems to be where the glitch occurs the most.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Unfortunately there are still some bugs in beefalo domestication. The team will try to address them in a future update.

Share this comment

There were some beefalo fixes in the latest patch that may have fixed this problem. Let us know if it's still occurring.

Share this comment