Crash Upon Entering Caves in Splitscreen

DRiX1192
  • Pending

Hey,

Since the last update 1.28, every time Player 1 tries to enter the caves, the game will crash (CE-34878-0). If Player 2 tries to enter the caves, it will crash sometimes. If I load the game without a local second player, I can freely travel between main and cave areas without ever crashing. 

20180416_204134.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Create new online game with Forest World Gen Size: Big and Cave World Gen Size either Big or Default. World Gen Branches: Never, World Gen Loops: Always for both Forest and Caves. Server is set to Local only, Endless, Players 2, Server Mode Online.

User Feedback

I tried your settings but wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Some further questions that could help

• Are you getting it in multiple worlds/saves, or only one particular one?
  • Are you playing in online or offline mode? 
  • Are you playing on a ps4 or a ps4 pro?

You may be in the *lucky* situation of having a rare crash that I'm trying to track down. Can you get it to happen again, and hit the "report a problem" button. I think it lets you enter a comment, write me a message there and include your forum name so I can identify the crash.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

I tried your settings but wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Some further questions that could help

• Are you getting it in multiple worlds/saves, or only one particular one?
  • Are you playing in online or offline mode? 
  • Are you playing on a ps4 or a ps4 pro?

You may be in the *lucky* situation of having a rare crash that I'm trying to track down. Can you get it to happen again, and hit the "report a problem" button. I think it lets you enter a comment, write me a message there and include your forum name so I can identify the crash.

I'm getting this crash in multiple worlds/ saves. I am playing in online mode. I'm on a PS4 Pro. 

I have been reporting the crashes with the comment "Crash when entering caves" each time it has occurred. My PSN ID is the same as my Klei Forum ID. 

Share this comment

I think I see the crash reports, thanks. Do you have any of the pro's enhancements enabled for DST? I think you can turn on some sort of performance boost, and maybe some sort of graphics boost as well (?). If you do have them enabled you might try turning them off and seeing if that helps. I'll try to figure out what's going wrong on from the crash reports as well.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

I think I see the crash reports, thanks. Do you have any of the pro's enhancements enabled for DST? I think you can turn on some sort of performance boost, and maybe some sort of graphics boost as well (?). If you do have them enabled you might try turning them off and seeing if that helps. I'll try to figure out what's going wrong on from the crash reports as well.

I've crashed multiple times with and without the PS4 Pro "Boost Mode".

Share this comment