Cave reset - possible for PS4?

BlisteredSCAB
  • Pending

Hello!

I have a sinking feeling... that I am screwed.

I was really excited about the 'A New Reign' content, particularly the ability to fight your way to being able to regenerate the ruins.

However on my now 750+ day mega base world I have reached a point where I have concluded that the Labyrinth has generated in an inaccessible part of the map:

1. I have followed the edges, and filled in all the area on the cave/ ruin map - with moggles, using the Lazy Explorer in the hope of being able to telepoof to somewhere.

2. I have checked all 11 (+1) of the tentacle wormholes in my caves world, all link up to others within the main cave, bar one that goes to the area you can regenerate the ruins.

3. I have done all of the above to the area where you regenerate the ruins, no luck.

4. Finally, for all of this I have used the medallion that shows you where the ancient key (and thus the Minotaur) is - and this is outside f the playable map - following on from the direction that the ruins spreads from the central point.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible that I am missing something? I can provide screenshots if requested.

2. Is it possible to fix this in my world if the world gen failed?

3. If the above two are 'no goes', can I somehow delete my caves/ ruins and start that from scratch maintaining my surface world?  I would be happy to provide my latest save data if it is possible.

I type this in desperation, I am not sure if I can go through another mega-base attempt, I have tried many and failed most due to my actions (such as species extinction, unique resource destruction). This time to have done so well, to get nailed by the world gen... makes me a tad salty to say the least.

Help!

- B

Steps to Reproduce
World generation

User Feedback

No response here in regards to saving my main world?

On this forum, critical issues that effect everyone are dealt with swiftly  - I praise your efforts in regards to this. I understand that investing time into helping people for case by case things is impractical.

I have put in  >2000 hours (probably more including the base game and shipwrecked + RoG). This game is good for goofing around, but cant be taken seriously with the late game getting killed by bugs. Leaving the game with a negative experience = Feelsbadman. But overall I definitely got my $$ worth, I just wanted to be able to complete the experience. Which brings me to the next bit of positive feedback, all the additional content as we go has been awesome, good work keeping people interested and challenged. I will probably play a little bit more to get that one last trophy to get platinum.

I guess my mistake was purchasing it on PS4, where the bugs ruin late game progress and experience. Next time I buy similarity developed games it will have to be on PC. 

Guess its time to retire this game. It has been fun, Klei, thanks for making a great game.

Best regards,

- B

Share this comment