killed by tentacle because there's a delay picking up items

BeefaloChickenSalad
  • Pending

I don't know if this is a bug or a design decision, or maybe just the result of network latency--  but when trying to pick up items by the tentacle, the player takes longer to to accomplish this compared to the original game.   The end result is you sometimes can't avoid getting hit by tentacles even when you try to get in and out as fast as possible.

Steps to Reproduce
Find drops caused by tentacles killing a mob try to pick them up, and notice the lag from when you send the command until it happens. try the same in the original game and notice the difference.

User Feedback

I've also noticed compared to the original/pc the item pickup can sometimes "miss".

Share this comment

I have no idea. Usually this only happens if there are more than 1 player on. If i am by myself it feels like normal usually. I have no idea why that is there though. It makes no sense. Even though they made the game harder to give it a more do it together feel, it is just weird when u have more player there will be a delay sometimes to picking up on item or the character failing to make a campfire or fire pit often getting me in darkness so i will end up having to make a torch.

Share this comment

I've notice the same behavior while picking up any group of items.  while playing on a private server split screen only, I died, resurrected, walked back to my body, and it took a solid minute to pick up all my items because it didn't seem to recognize them or the pickup time was substantially slower.  In general picking up/harvesting items seems to be slower to initiate. 

Share this comment