Unable to install spacefarer module - Max number of passenger modules installed

Stormfather
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So I'm working towards building an ungodly amount of rockets on my current playthrough, with currently 13 rockets in operation and many more planned. But I've hit a wall, which I'm not sure is a bug or a feature.

When trying to build my 14th rocket, the spacefarer module is greyed out, with the error 'Max number of passenger modules installed'. I know that you can't have more than one module per rocket, but is there some sort of limit to the total number of rockets allowed in game? Or is this a genuine bug?

I saved the game and restarted. but that made no difference.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 135129.png

Steps to Reproduce

build a bunch of rockets.

Bug is evident on all empty rocket platforms. Deconstructing the engine and trying to build the spacefarer module first does not help.

User Feedback

Currently a feature, but can be "worked around" using this bug:

No idea what will happen if you build an unreasonable amount of them, though, as they theoretically take space on the overall map.

• Like 1

Share this comment

not a bug, the map space is limited and immutable; each spacefarer module eats 32x32 tiles of the remaining free map space.

that limit of 16 spacefarer modules you're experiencing here is there to prevent the game running out of free map space.

My mod Rocketry Expanded allows to increase that limit to 100 rockets by shrinking the unused space around rocket module interiors by a large amount and adds a bit more free allocatable space to the grid for more rocket interiors and certain future projects. You can get that mod and disable all the new modules and only keep the shrinking + limit removal if you only want that

Edited by SGT_Imalas
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

On 4/18/2023 at 12:50 AM, SGT_Imalas said:

not a bug, the map space is limited and immutable; each spacefarer module eats 32x32 tiles of the remaining free map space.

that limit of 16 spacefarer modules you're experiencing here is there to prevent the game running out of free map space.

My mod Rocketry Expanded allows to increase that limit to 100 rockets by shrinking the unused space around rocket module interiors by a large amount and adds a bit more free allocatable space to the grid for more rocket interiors and certain future projects. You can get that mod and disable all the new modules and only keep the shrinking + limit removal if you only want that

Also, did you say 'your' mod? Its an excellent mod and I really appreciate the work you've put into it. I'm currently using it just to increase the number of rockets, but the other features in the mod look pretty cool too.

Share this comment