Trailblazer crashes the game

KonfigSys
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The goal was to send a specific duplicand in the trailblazer module while having the pilot returning the ship back. 

It was not clear how to assigned a specific duplicand to the trailblazer module. I selected two for the crew (one was supposed to be a pilot and another for the trailblazer). When the ship reached the orbit, I released the trailblazer module and THE PILOT landed. After multiple attempts I realized that who drives the rocket (the pilot), he/she will be landing in the trailblazer module. 

I taught the pilot skill to another dup. So I had two dups with the same pilot skills but again I could not manage to get the specific dup (with pilot skill this time + super digging) to land in the trailblazer. I changed priorities before they board the ship giving max priorities for piloting to the one who I want to land on the asteroid and he, indeed, this time was behind the wheel steering the ship but he did not land. I did another attempt and turn off the priorities for the dup who was always landing and then the game started crashing every time I tried to release the trailblazer. To be clear I changed priorities in various ways- before the flight, during the flight but the result is the same. 

Finally, I sent in the trailblazer the one which was always landing and return the second one back. Refilled the trailblazer and brought the digger back (this time he was just one) and he successfully landed leaving the ship on the orbit.

Steps to Reproduce

1. I loaded save file several times to see if it is just a random choice who will land. No, it was always the same pilot.

2. I loaded save files before I assigned two dups as a crew with tweaked priorities and the game crashed every time when the priorities for one I did not want to land was turned off for piloting.

Роскошная Хижина- test.sav

User Feedback

I consider that a menu for trailblazer should be made allowing to assign a specific dupe to the trailblazer. As he/she does not pilot a ship, no piloting skill is required. Menu should have the list of all available dups on the planet where the trailblazer is.

I think that there is a cacher and the pilot was remembered even though I unassigned him and signed again. I also unassigned him, sign another one as a pilot (and as I mentioned he became a pilot) but the first one ALWAYS landed in the trailblazer. So there is a cache assigned for trailblazer and the question is how to reset it. The option menu will do exactly that - will reset the trailblazer cache with the new value set in the menu.

Like it is in the vanilla game. You can choose a pilot and SEPARATELY you can choose a dup for sight seeing (to improve his/her morale).

Share this comment

As Klei added the menu option to the trailblazer at landing and it works well (I checked it several times) I consider the issue closed. Thank you Klei for the fast and adequate response.

Share this comment