The game Shuts itself down Regularly "Crashes"

ASAPro
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Steps to Reproduce

The save file had 2000 Cycles+
I move with WASD or the Mouse Right Click
game freezes for a second or tow
most of the time when it freezes I let go of everything and pray for it to not Crash and it just continues
then the same freezing happens multiple times and everything is fine the game continues 
then it happen this one time and suddenly I'm staring at my desktop screen  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Could you please attach your save file so we can take a look? If your save has Conduction Panels there is a fix for it currently being tested.

• Fixed an issue where more energy would be transferred to the Conduction Panel than to the contents of the Conduction Panel, which would result in an invalid temperature crash.

Share this comment

It sounds like you are experiencing the Conduction Panel crash which should be fixed in U51 which is currently being public tested.

Unfortunately today's update to public testing (594767) introduced an unrelated crash which also closes the game so it's difficult to test at the moment. We've identified the problem and it will be fixed in the next hotfix to public testing.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

I've been testing a local build (with the fix for the unrelated crash) and it's been 20 cycles and your save hasn't crashed. It's very likely the Conduction Panel crash bug was the issue you were experiencing. If you encounter it again please reply to let me know.

Should be fixed in the next public testing hotfix.

Share this comment

On 2/22/2024 at 7:44 AM, EricKlei said:

If you encounter it again please reply to let me know.

I played 5 sessions without any crash but the game does freezes for 1-3 seconds multiple times in all the sessions (which is what happens before the crash) but in my last session maybe the 6th one, the game just instantly closed without noticing any freezing, the game was unpasued and I was looking at the "Starmap"

SimDLL_CRASH_release_587362_20240224-03.38.42.dmp Player.log Player-prev.log The Serene Dwelling.sav

8 minutes ago, ASAPro said:

the game was unpasued and I was looking at the "Starmap"

It happend again right after I sent the previous message, I opened the "Starmap", I clicked on the rocket, the game freezed and then closed

SimDLL_CRASH_release_587362_20240224-03.58.56.dmp Player.log Player-prev.log

Share this comment

Based on your logs you're playing on the live branch (U50), it's currently only fixed on the public testing branch (U51). Instructions on how to opt-in to the public testing branch are at the bottom of this post. There are currently a few known issues in public testing so I recommend making a backup of your save before you give it a try or wait until it goes live for everyone.

• Like 1

Share this comment