Tempshift Plate prevent solid chunks to exchange temperature in vacuum

Alex BNC
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi

I noticed that after Rad update a lot of my Volcanoes processing structures stopped working properly.

The thing is, while the whole environment was cooling down by the steam turbine, the metal chunk itself was not cooling until submerged into liquid or gas (The structure is placed in vacuum to handle the temperatures). So I created a new sandbox world and performed a set of experiments.

Turns out the problem was in tempshift plate. For some odd reason, if there was a tempshift plate behind a hot chunk of material - that chunk will not be heating up the solid block it it laying on. I only tested it with mechanized airlock, as it was my case in actual game. It is possible any solid block will behave the same.

Steps to Reproduce

Preconditions

1) Vacuum (space will do)
2) Two sets of mechanized steel airlocks (Like on termium planetoid in the savefile)

3) One set have steel tempshift plates on top, the other one doesn't

Steps to reproduce:

1) Using sandbox or debugging tools drip 200kg of liquid gold on them (The mass should be not too big, so chunks of material will form, not the solid blocks)

2) Check the gold chunks temperature dynamic

Expected results: Both of chucks will exchange heat with the mechanized airlock they are on top of.

Actual result: The chunk in front of tempshift plate does not exchange heat.

Player-prev.log Player.log Псочнеца.sav

User Feedback

Oh, forgot to mention. Reloading the savefile force the heat exchange to happen, but only for already placed chuncks. Newly solidified ones are still buggy.

Share this comment

An addition. Same happens for payloads delivered by a rocket or by a Interplanetary launcher.

I was delivering ice worth of 200kg each to the hot planetoid. Payloads submerged in magma were staying at -40 celcium. After loading the savefile, all of them started to heat up and converting into steam. Newly arrived payloads (which landed after the savefile loaded) were still as cold as they were on departure though.

Share this comment